• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland BN-20 compared to Mimaki Cjv150

Can anyone give me some feedback on either machine. I owned a mimaki jv3-130 piece of junk I could never get going probably because I was a novice at using it an it was never set up properly. I have been outsourcing for quite awhile for my vinyl prints but now I’m looking into clothing prints mugs stubby holders etc and need something small but capable. My main business is hivis signage for minesites but have started safety signage so a printer will make life easier. Any advice would be muchly appreciated and tips and tricks of the trade would help. Thanks for any advice you can offer

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The BN20 and CJV150 are essentially the same printer except the BN20 is only 20" where as the CVJ150's smallest model is 30". They use the same print heads and the same style of ink. They have the same speed and quality. It really comes down to price and who has better support. As a Mimaki dealer I'll leave myself out of that conversation.

The BN20 and CJV150 are essentially the same printer except the BN20 is only 20" where as the CVJ150's smallest model is 30". They use the same print heads and the same style of ink. They have the same speed and quality. It really comes down to price and who has better support. As a Mimaki dealer I'll leave myself out of that conversation.

Thankyou for your reply. There’s about $3000 price difference so i has set on the Roland as everyone has said get a Roland but then then my sales guy recommended the Mimaki. I don’t want to make the wrong decision so now I’m a little confused. I don’t do a lot of printing but would like to expand my business so thought they smaller printer maybe more efficient for me.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah that extra $3000 gets you 10 more inches, a stand, and a take-up reel. The BN-20 is good for what you are doing and will take up less space for sure so in a way it is more efficient. You will have a much easier time finding 30" material however.

RPM

From my experiences, go bigger. once you are locked Ito a 20" printer you are always going to have those jobs you wish you had a 24" or a 30" roll just because it could be more efficient.

From my experiences, go bigger. once you are locked Ito a 20" printer you are always going to have those jobs you wish you had a 24" or a 30" roll just because it could be more efficient.
Thankyou x that’s exaclty
What I’m thinking. Just trying to find the right affordable machine is so difficult. Everyone said Roland (they have old machines) yet I seem to be steering towards the Mimaki for its size and also the fact it prints and cuts

Katie

I was in your Same position last year. I bought the Roland versa-cam. Best decision I ever made. 30" is all I need. Go to the next trade show and watch them in action.