Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ROLAND BN-20 DID NOT COMPLETE THE PRINTING

Discussion in 'Roland' started by OrientalColoursHFX, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Hi guys!

I am not sure if this is related to my computer went to sleep mode while my printer was running?

Please advise.

Tags:
  2. ewded

ewded Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Europe
    This sounds like a typical BN 20 print head problem. You need to change viper, capping station, dampers. If this doesn't solve the problem you need to change ink pump and all the flex cables, if this is not enough Im afraid you need to change printheads. Good luck.

3. Thank you. Bought it second hand and the seller told me that the print head was new though the machine it self was 4 yrs old bought it in 2014. I will try your suggestions and Ill go from there.

4. So this is not related to my PC went to sleep mode? It will just complete the print job even the PC went to sleep mode?

5. henryz

henryz Member

Nov 6, 2012
    Long Beach, CA
    If you were printing a large file and you have it set to rip & print it will not complete the print because the file did not rip fully. Try the same file but rip it first and then send it to print are you using Versaworks?

6. Maybe you are right. I had few big prints before that then this one is biggest. I will try to rip and print tonight. I was printing 50 12 x 6 stickers for vanity plate in full colour background and it stopped on the quarter of the 3rd row.

7. VanderJ

VanderJ Merchant Member - Printer Parts and Sevice

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    It's because your computer went to sleep. Go into your power settings and turn of automatic sleep mode. These printers don't have a lot of memory on board so they rely on the computer to keep data streaming. This has nothing to do with the print head.

8. Was worried for a bit! Thanks a lot! I may change it to a laptop then as its currently attached to my gaming rig and 850 w PS Its noisy!