• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland BN-20 Price and Q's

autoexebat

I'm seriously thinking about buying the BN-20 within the next month , I know it's a lot of money for the size ! But my work office is based out of my house and I already have a Roland CAMM-1Pro 30 here so room is limited.

I have talked uscutter.com and they won't come down 1 cent , and when I got my plotter I got that company to come down quite a bit , so with that in mind I was thinking there was a little room to budge on the BN-20.

I figure I will mainly use the machine to make 4 wheeler and motocross graphics with it and simple stickers , but I really wish I could go bigger without having to a LOT more money.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get this unit cheaper at all ?

I can't seem to find a used one anywhere either .

Thanks all.

:thankyou:

CanuckSigns

I don't think Dealers are allowed to discount any of rolands products from the MRSP, however some will throw in some freebies such as media, ink etc to sweeten the deal, depending on how much of a PITA you are being.

Mosh

Go to a trade-show, they alway have deals....BTW you are going to be sad you got such a small machine....You can pick up a good used 54" for the same price....

Haakon

Feeling the same way about the BN20.. it's the cheapest route to be able to make outdoor prints, but also so limiting in the long run... but on the other hand I've been doing just fine with a 24" vinyl cutter for years now, was going to use it just to get going and then upgrade, but I manage just fine.

The BN20 will be just fine for small decals, heat transfers, small signs etc. Anything larger you have to sub out. I think the line of pricing from Roland that is mentioned over here is a global philosophy. Same thing here in Norway. Got an offer on a VS420. Still retail price, but included was free shipping, a full set of inks and some rolls of media. Effectively knocking down the price a couple of grand.

I have a 24" printer now (aqueous, for indoor prints) and I always feel it's to small, so I guess there is a thing with printers that they always could be larger, even though my plotter is fine as it is being the same width.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Feeling the same way about the BN20.. it's the cheapest route to be able to make outdoor prints, but also so limiting in the long run... but on the other hand I've been doing just fine with a 24" vinyl cutter for years now, was going to use it just to get going and then upgrade, but I manage just fine.

The BN20 will be just fine for small decals, heat transfers, small signs etc. Anything larger you have to sub out. I think the line of pricing from Roland that is mentioned over here is a global philosophy. Same thing here in Norway. Got an offer on a VS420. Still retail price, but included was free shipping, a full set of inks and some rolls of media. Effectively knocking down the price a couple of grand.

I have a 24" printer now (aqueous, for indoor prints) and I always feel it's to small, so I guess there is a thing with printers that they always could be larger, even though my plotter is fine as it is being the same width.

Hold out. When we got ours, we got two complete sets of ink, plus the ink that was already in it. We got about $2,500 worth of media and tech support setting it up on site for two days. I believe Roland gives about $1,500 to $2,000 on purchasing any of their machines automatically.

autoexebat

Hold out. When we got ours, we got two complete sets of ink, plus the ink that was already in it. We got about $2,500 worth of media and tech support setting it up on site for two days. I believe Roland gives about $1,500 to $2,000 on purchasing any of their machines automatically.

OH cool , Thanks for that info !!

autoexebat

Since I am new to the printing world, what would be good to ask for ? Should I try to bargain with a lot more ink ? Printable media ? or tech support for an extra year ?

Sorry I just don't have a clue about the printing side.

tomence

When I bought my Roland last year I got a $2000 discount plus 8 440cc carts, delivery, installation and training at no extra cost.

Mike_Koval

In my opinion, price, while a factor in any buying decision, should be the last thing considered when purchasing this type of equipment. You want to buy from a dealer who is best going to support you after the sale.

While this type of equipment isn't overly difficult to use, it can be a to someone with little to no experience. A dealer with a knowledgeable support staff and technical team will take you a long way. What happens if the machine isn't working properly? You need to be sure the the dealer will be able solve/fix your problem correctly and in a timely manner.

Yes...you have to try to get the best deal possible for you financially, but cheapest isn't always the best option.

I can say I can get you set up with a very nice starter package including inks, materials, installation, training. etc. We have a field tech's throughout the US and for Michigan, we have tech's in St. Clair Shores. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or to discuss further.

Ragin Cajun

In my opinion, price, while a factor in any buying decision, should be the last thing considered when purchasing this type of equipment.

That also includes in the cost of a machine.

Saving a few thousand up front buying a slower machine can cost you many thousands in time down the entire road.

If I were doing shirts only...I would go with the 30" over the BN 20 even if it mean't buying a nice used one.

But to be honest...I would buy new for the first machine....so you get the help you need!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In my opinion, price, while a factor in any buying decision, should be the last thing considered when purchasing this type of equipment. You want to buy from a dealer who is best going to support you after the sale.

While this type of equipment isn't overly difficult to use, it can be a to someone with little to no experience. A dealer with a knowledgeable support staff and technical team will take you a long way. What happens if the machine isn't working properly? You need to be sure the the dealer will be able solve/fix your problem correctly and in a timely manner.

Yes...you have to try to get the best deal possible for you financially, but cheapest isn't always the best option.

I can say I can get you set up with a very nice starter package including inks, materials, installation, training. etc. We have a field tech's throughout the US and for Michigan, we have tech's in St. Clair Shores. Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or to discuss further.

These are some very good thoughts for things other than printers. This should carry over into anything you do for your business. Price alone is not worth it.

Just yesterday a guy came in and wanted me to trim down some banner material. It was all rolled up and he said he wanted 2" trimmed off of each side.
I said, so I can trim 4" off of one side and just make one cut ??
No, there's printing on the banner.
Hmmmmmm............ I unrolled it to find a 2' x 17' banner printed on it.
So, why didn't the people who made this for you do it correctly ??
I got it on line nad can't afford to send it back.
Well, this falls under our shop minimum, since we didn't produce it.
WHA.... $125.... are you crazy ??
Nope, here's a scissors if you wanna go back and cut it yourself.
I can't do that.
Well, then pay me $125 up front or try another shop.

In trying to save money, he got the banner printed for $175. Not a bad price, but he's too stubborn to cut it down himself and doesn't want to spend any extra money. He then said, I was figuring maybe $5 or $10 bucks.

So, look into the products and supplies you're gonna need after the sale and the help you'll most likely need. That all goes with the territory when you're a business owner.

Would you buy a Ferrari, from someone 1,000 miles away, if there was no one in your town or any neighboring town that could work on it ??

autoexebat

Good posts , From what I can gather from a lot of people the BN-20 is NOT the way to go. I am glad I can come here to get honest opinions from you guy's .. I would have never known and would have bought the BN-20 and been pissed.

Thanks a lot .