• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Roland BN-20 reviews and comments

Jim Hill

I have an SP-300V that works just fine but because I have owned it for a number of years I am considering maybe buying an BN-20
I only use my printer a few times a week and everything I make is between 3.5" and 8" and I really do not do any production runs for decals.

I would like to hear from people who own the BN-20 printer their pros and cons and any other comments they might have.
Thank You Jim Hill

Saturn

Aging Member
If you have a separate cutter you should look into the VJ-628 (branded as VJ24 from Sign Warehouse) as well. Prints 24" wide instead of just 20" and should be a bit faster. Hardest part of keeping either one going will probably be a supplier that can dependably supply cut down rolls without issue. If you have lots of unique substrates you would need to create your own profiles for the VJ-628.

Joe House

Hey Jim,

The print quality on the BN-20 is superb. You'll notice a difference there from your SP. Also print and cut in one machine, if you don't need high production is very convenient. As Saturn mentioned, media availability is somewhat limited in the smaller sizes. 54" has by far the greatest variety of medias available and you can get some cut down to fit in your BN-20.

Good Luck