• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland brand SL-CL Cleaner questions...

Novadon

LEF2-200
I have an abundance of Refresher Sheets in support of my LEF2-200, but I'm without a conventional source for the accompanying SL-CL Cleaner solution shown here:

SL-CL Bottle.jpg

Roland Tech and Supply personnel advise me that their Cleaner (in 100ml bottles) is only available in their "Kit" (w/ Sheets, pouring cup, and empty 50 ml application bottle).

I intend to purchase an SL-CL Cartridge and remove / transfer the cleaner to an on hand bottle.

Does this sound plausible and without consequence of the majority here? :rolleyes:

Almost sounds too easy to render 220 cc of product this way.
SL-CL Cart.png

Last edited:

d fleming

I haven't bothered to open a used cart in years but last time I did it was an oem seiko cart with a nazdar bag in it.

Novadon

LEF2-200
Great feedback thus far folks, and it is appreciated.

Gathering my thoughts in regard to replenishing supplies.

The volume occupied by both cc and ml is identical, thus:
One can again obtain an entire 100 ml Refresh Kit:

Refresher Kit, complete.png

Or instead purchase the two main ingredients (w/twice plus the cleaning solution & same 300 Sheet count, for less $'s):

SL-CL Cartridge.png

Refresher Sheet.png

A no-brainer! ;)

Last edited:

Connie Fry

I don't know what the sheets that you are referring to are. I have a roland versacamm and have never heard about the sheets before. Can someone please tell me what they are for and how to use them?

Novadon

LEF2-200
The Head Refreshing operation is applicable to the Roland LEF2 series of printers.
Here is a how-to video w/sub titles showing the equipment and steps.

The Head Refresher unit prior to affixing the cleaning Sheet:
HEAD-REFRESHER.jpg

Sheet "A" insertion;
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 07-46-28 Head Refreshing Method.png

And applicable to the taller and wider object print capable LEF2-300, as discussed here;

Last edited:

Novadon

LEF2-200
Success! Transferred SL-CL fluid without issue.

If you are curious (like me) as to what the inside of a cartridge looks like, see the glued in position empty bag shown below. The top left corner I cut to drain the liquid from. :)

Of note, the cleaner has a non-evaporating / oily feel to it. It must have a lubricating and cleaning quality as the sheet interacts across the heads. It isn't just a solvent like the ESL5 manual cleaning solution appears to be, in other words. Thus, the Roland warning to not mistake one liquid for the other in application. ;)

Cartridge.jpg

Last edited:

Novadon

LEF2-200
This may interest some as well. I need only black color on the metal items I manufacture, then label. Consequently, I have from day one set-up SL-CL cartridges in the last two ink slots. I haven't the need for Gloss, Primer or White, so this set-up works wonders for me. Just avoiding the white ink sediment settling and head clogging potentials are a huge plus!

Inks.jpg

Panels.jpeg

Last edited: