• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND CAMM 1 blade holder not moving down to cut!!

marioagius

Hi!!

I have 2 old ROland cm 24 cutters and use them as spare cutter machines, but.. now got a problem and would like to keep them running as these where my first cutters i got. The cutters are working fine except the blade holder is not moving down. The magnet that should pull the blade down is not functioning, on both machines. From PC to printer , software , ports etc.. everything is fine - when i will send the file to cut the carriage moves normally ,its just the blade not moving down to cut. I checked for any loose wires and also disconnect them and connect them again incase there was no contact but no success. Think now is the data ribbon that runs from the carriage to side of printer. Could it be it? Did it happen to any user here in the forum please? I uploaded a photo of the carriage.

any help would be much appriciated .

...thank you

marioagius

...actually one went wrong around 5 years ago and just left it there. The other was active and did it last week. Also what happened in this latest cutter that by mistake i plug it to 220 volts instead of 110 . Forgot to use its transformer as i swapped it with the other by mistake and the fuse blew out. Changed it and probably thats why its not not moving down. Thinking that something else blew out! could it be ?

netsol

i'm getting the service manual today. yours should be a simple z axis problem, solenoid or driver circuit.
but PLEASE never plug a 110 machine into 220. this can be incredibly destructive. thats why you are supposed to have different plugs on each side of your transformer so you can't forget.

just because you were very lucky this time is no guarantee you will be again

i will pm you after i print out the manual

marioagius

Thanks Netsol for the reply. Yes I know was my mistake, the 110 is pluged in a transformer with a 3pin plug as the other , thats why got me conufused. But anyway, would like to fix it , I still have the original manual of the printer but if can pm me with another one that would be great and thanks again.