• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CAMM-1 GX cutter question

Gene@mpls

OK- I have only used Summa cutters and know not a thing about Roland-
although I hear a lot of good thoughts about them. I have a VP-540 and
am struggling with winplot cutting on the summas and I saw a used 54"
CAMM-1 the control panel looks different from the current models- any
info? Did they all come with the optical sensing system and will it work with
UV clears (my older summas will not see thru them)? Thanks Gene

Attachments

• 4263-1-Hoofd.jpg
    4263-1-Hoofd.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 79

FatCat

AFAIK, only the current GX series come with optical. My previous cutter was a Roland CX-400 - very reliable cutter, but didn't have the width or optical I needed when I got my printer. I have a service manual for CX-300, 400 and 500 series. If you need it, let me know.

Malu

Hi! I am new to this forum. Found it looking for info and it is very helpful. We are looking to set up a printing/sign in Panama City (Central America). We are being offer a good deal on an EFI Rasket H650 ($40,000). It is a new machine that was not bought and they are selling it just to get their cost. I have read some not too good reviews about it. Which equipment would you recommend for a new business. Would you prefer a UV equipment, what would be the advantages? And the last question is if it doesnt cut, how do you cut?? Thanks a lot for your help!!

OldPaint

gene, 1ST OFF........THAT IS NOT A GX series cutter. looks more like the PNC SERIES. that was the older version. PNC-1860 was a 54". these do not have optical your asking for. the CX series......are DARK GRAY,and have a full digital window. if you look on the plate on the rear of the plotter it should have MODEL-PNC-1860.

Gene@mpls

You are correct OP- sure looks like the control panel on the PNC- I thought
it was too cheap. Thanks Gene