Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland CAMM-1 GX cutter question

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Gene@mpls, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    OK- I have only used Summa cutters and know not a thing about Roland-
    although I hear a lot of good thoughts about them. I have a VP-540 and
    am struggling with winplot cutting on the summas and I saw a used 54"
    CAMM-1 the control panel looks different from the current models- any
    info? Did they all come with the optical sensing system and will it work with
    UV clears (my older summas will not see thru them)? Thanks Gene

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. FatCat

FatCat Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    AFAIK, only the current GX series come with optical. My previous cutter was a Roland CX-400 - very reliable cutter, but didn't have the width or optical I needed when I got my printer. I have a service manual for CX-300, 400 and 500 series. If you need it, let me know.

3. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    I think you are right about that. I have one of the newer GXs and it has the optical. One of the reasons why I got that particular one.

4. Malu

Malu New Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Hi! I am new to this forum. Found it looking for info and it is very helpful. We are looking to set up a printing/sign in Panama City (Central America). We are being offer a good deal on an EFI Rasket H650 ($40,000). It is a new machine that was not bought and they are selling it just to get their cost. I have read some not too good reviews about it. Which equipment would you recommend for a new business. Would you prefer a UV equipment, what would be the advantages? And the last question is if it doesnt cut, how do you cut?? Thanks a lot for your help!!

5. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

gene, 1ST OFF........THAT IS NOT A GX series cutter. looks more like the PNC SERIES. that was the older version. PNC-1860 was a 54". these do not have optical your asking for. the CX series......are DARK GRAY,and have a full digital window. if you look on the plate on the rear of the plotter it should have MODEL-PNC-1860.

6. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    You are correct OP- sure looks like the control panel on the PNC- I thought
    it was too cheap. Thanks Gene