• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Camm-1 pnc1000 Issues.. HELP!!??

wildchildc1

I recently purchased a Roland Camm-1 PNC1000 plotter.. I havent been able to obtain the manual from the original owner and I am having comunication issues. If I use a 25pin/Paralell cable, the plotter will spool up the fan and cut some type of code when I hit the plot button, but other than that I cannot get it to cut. I have purchased numerous different cables and downloaded every driver I can find for this model cutter and I still cannot get it to cut. I dont know if Im not installing the drivers correctly since I can unplug this cutter and plug my other cutter into the port and it still works fine.. Or if I do not have the correct cable because I was told they use a special cable, or what my problem is exactly?? I know that Ive had the cutter for about 6 weeks and am pulling my hair out trying to get this thing to cut.
If anyone can give me some technical advice and help.. email me a manual for this machine or anything of that nature that would help me with this situation.. It would be ever so GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THank you, Shawn

OldPaint

NEED MORE INFO.....
1. OS you got
2. program youre cutting from
3. driver you d/l
4. i got a quick manual here somewhere....i can and will help ya but iam haveing surgury JUNE 5th so i cant reall chat with you till maybe sunday or monday.
850-944-5060 dont call before 11 am)))))

wildchildc1

I am trying to cut off of SignLab 5 and Corel Draw X3.. I currently have the Roland RWD 029 driver installed. Please email me when you feel upto talking and Ill give you a call.. I recently had a ankle fusion and some bone graphs, so I know that it will probably take a few days after your surgery before your upto any technical phone conversations. THank you, Shawn

xpress

Does this plotter use usb 2 or firewire? I had an old Camm 1 pro wich was a 36 inch plotter. I bought the machine when it very first came out and I had alot of communication problems. I would check the OS for any errors that may be loged under you admin tools under controle panel. If you have been on a driver down loading frinzy you may have a corruption in one of your drivers. To be honest I would say that there may be an issue with the plotter itself, the only time that I have known a person to sell their plotters is when it has an issue or when they are going out of business. Even if they are upgrading there is always a use for another ploter or two. This is just my thought on the matter. When you bought the plotter did you see it ran through the paces and what was the reason it was being sold?

geb

I tried a parallel port with mine, then was told I need a null modem adapter, attached to the serial port on the cutter, then attach your cord to the the adapter. The adapter switches some of the pins around somehow. Not saying this is your problem, but mine did the same when I first got it using a parallel port, cutting some kinda code. The null modem to the serial port fixed my problem.

George

Jackpine

My old PNC1000 used a 9 pin serial that came with the plotter. Signlab 5 should have a driver for the 1000. Export from Corel as eps, outlines hairline and import into Signlab. Or better yet just use Signlab.