Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland CAMM-1

Discussion in 'Roland' started by stickygrafix, Jan 28, 2008.

1. stickygrafix

stickygrafix Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Is this a good machine? I'm looking to replace my cheapo Jap. paperweight and I know that I want to get either a Roland or a Graphtec and I found a
    Roland CAMM-1 and don't know if they are worth the money or are very dependable at all.

Tags:
  2. dr_h792

dr_h792 New Member

Jun 19, 2007
    best cutter on the market. u will love it.

3. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

Well ... one of the best. Graphtec and Summa make pretty decent cutters also. I had a Roland PC1000 for 15 years....the guy I sold it to still cuts with it...they last.

4. THATgirl

THATgirl Very Active Member

Sep 16, 2003
    They are great machines! I have had mine since 1990 and it's still working great.

5. stickygrafix

stickygrafix Member

Aug 22, 2006
    seriously? this cutter right here? I have a crappy cutter right now that I can send multiple files to at once and will screw them up EVERY time.

For example, someone wants 30 smiley faces 6" tall. If I send a row of 3 of them wide, it will cut the first one fine, got to the second one and then just start random cutting all over the place.

I've been looking for a good cutter for a while that I can send a job of 100+ of the same thing and it will cut perfectly and actually CLOSE THE GAPS!!!! instead of leaving vinyl tags all the time. :(

If I can get this for under $500 should I go for it?

Attached Files:

6. Jackpine

Jackpine Major Contributor

I would say that is a very good price.

7. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Camm 1 has been a good cutter for me, till I went bigger.

George

8. jscarl

jscarl Very Active Member

Apr 21, 2003
    Had mine pnc 960 Camm-1 for years till one day it said "good nite". Bought a Summa Sign pro DS60. Like it real well too.

9. Replicator

Replicator Major Contributor

Nov 19, 2006
    Sun City, AZ
    Great Machine !