• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CAMM-1

stickygrafix

Is this a good machine? I'm looking to replace my cheapo Jap. paperweight and I know that I want to get either a Roland or a Graphtec and I found a
Roland CAMM-1 and don't know if they are worth the money or are very dependable at all.

Jackpine

Well ... one of the best. Graphtec and Summa make pretty decent cutters also. I had a Roland PC1000 for 15 years....the guy I sold it to still cuts with it...they last.

stickygrafix

seriously? this cutter right here? I have a crappy cutter right now that I can send multiple files to at once and will screw them up EVERY time.

For example, someone wants 30 smiley faces 6" tall. If I send a row of 3 of them wide, it will cut the first one fine, got to the second one and then just start random cutting all over the place.

I've been looking for a good cutter for a while that I can send a job of 100+ of the same thing and it will cut perfectly and actually CLOSE THE GAPS!!!! instead of leaving vinyl tags all the time. :(

If I can get this for under $500 should I go for it?

Attachments

• 744f_12.JPG
    744f_12.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 155

jscarl

Had mine pnc 960 Camm-1 for years till one day it said "good nite". Bought a Summa Sign pro DS60. Like it real well too.