• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland camm-1

signrios

Help my roland camm-1 is going crazy, the cutting has gone bad when doing small text. its not completing the circles on the letter "O"

Arial font seems to be the worst.
All lines, even straight ones, look crooked and choppy looking when cut.

The starting point and ending point don't match up when weeding, thus making this kind of hard to accomplish.

i've switched the blade holder form the VP to the cutter and still the same thing.

pressure rollers have been replaced too, i was a little concerned because they have some play to the sides, but i checked the ones on the vp and my friends plotter and they too have some play.

any ideas?:help

Poconopete

Is the file clean? Does it happen on all files? Have you tried unplugging the machine for a minute? Is there a lot of slop in the belt?

round man

if you take the cover off the top there is a screw that attaches the cable to move the cutter head from left to right on the cutter head carriage,..check to see if it is loose or even gone,.....otherwise check on the blade offset,..hope this helps ya,....

signrios

thanks for the quick response

Is the file clean? Does it happen on all files? Have you tried unplugging the machine for a minute? Is there a lot of slop in the belt?

the file is clean basically just arial letters

f you take the cover off the top there is a screw that attaches the cable to move the cutter head from left to right on the cutter head carriage,..check to see if it is loose or even gone,.....otherwise check on the blade offset,..hope this helps ya,....

i took off the cover and did what you told me, no luck checked the blade offset and nothing!!

OldPaint

your AERIAL font, where did it originate?
ive had same problem with SOME CHEAP FONTS... instead of the ARIAL use HANOVER, HELVETICA, or corels SWISS. all basically the same fonts style.

signrios

your AERIAL font, where did it originate?
ive had same problem with SOME CHEAP FONTS... instead of the ARIAL use HANOVER, HELVETICA, or corels SWISS. all basically the same fonts style.

sorry, i didn't make myself clear, it does it with any block font. not just arial.

Pro Image

The bearings in the blade holder need oiling........Get some 3in1 oil and oil the blade and the holder........You might need a new blade holder also.......

signrios

The bearings in the blade holder need oiling........Get some 3in1 oil and oil the blade and the holder........You might need a new blade holder also.......

i did that earlier no luck, i used the blade holder from my vp540 and was getting the same results.

thanks

dakotasignwerks

I had a similar problem and used the test cut feature to dial in the offset. i should ask first if the test cut cuts fine first though. if not, adjust the offset up and down to see if it changes. only a suggestion that was already made, but i thought i "checked it out" too.

designflow

I had a similar problem with my camm 1 I noticed after that it was my cut stripe and replaced it. It's tough with thoughs camm 1 mine tends to have a mind of it's own sometimes. If the blade isn't sharp it makes a mess of any job I cut till I replace it.