• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Camm1 not aligning properly?

GraphixGirl

Hi there,

Was hoping someone in here would have a thought into this...
Working with an older Roland Camm1 950 with no problems for years.
Did a job the other day...long cuts, block lettering...went to do another cut last night and did alignment test and is fine...go to cut and slightly sends the vinyl off align, enough for when at the end, pushes off rollers....husband is cleaning it now as we speak...could this be something wearing down inside possibly? Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks

OldPaint

i do a pre-unroll on long runs....to make sure it wont run off.
you really got to be attentive when you line up the vinyl with the marks on the plotter.

D

DARLAK

your cutter strip is roached. get a new one and a new blade. adjust the blade so that it is just deep enough to cut. the extra drag is causing the material to shift off the rollers....

THATgirl

mine did that a few times when I first started using Oracal. The rolls are shorter than others. I had to make new marks to line up the Oracal.

GraphixGirl

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I do unroll before a cut, and do a test align a few times before the initial cut, especially with long runs. Also we did replace the cutter strip quite a few months ago, and it is a new blade. Hubby took all apart and cleaned...not too dusty to our surprise. We are possibly thinking, because it is such a detailed long cut, light up sign, with quite a few outlines...may be too much for the cutter all at once? We even tried setting the cutter on "sort" horizontally and still goes off. It seems to stay inline for the majority of the cut, but when it starts to cut the main outline of the big letters, and it rolls back quickly it goes off slightly...enough to push the vinly off the one roller.
lol...thank god hubby is good with the blade free hand...ultimately how this job is being done...installing this weekend!