• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Camm1 pnc 1000 on Windows 7

jpienaar

Hi Guys

I have checked around and some answers go far back, I have a old PNC 1000 I need to run, has anyone managed to get it running on Windows 7
would love to hear about any suggestions. I cant afford to buy a new plotter now and need to get so work going,

Love the site!

I am in South Africa and companies dont want to help, just pushing to sell me a new Cutter.

OldPaint

that is a 20" machine. cant kill em. i would believe you can run it on WIN 7, BUT........ on the screen your going to get an ERROR..... IGNORE IT..... as for a driver, i dont think your gona find one even from roland for WIN 7. YOU may have to use an older driver for say XP or WIN 98. best option for a machine that old, get another computer, set it up with XP or WIN 98, corel 7-12.......d/l the roland driver from http://www.rolanddg.com/download.html
and use it strictly for cutting.

jpienaar

Thanks a lot, I installed Casmate on Windows 7, going to try it on there, If nothing works, will get a pc to run XP.

Cheers

OldPaint

CASMATE...........on WIN 7???? now tell me how or who told you that would work???? IT WONT!!!!
that program is a 16 BIT PROGRAM.. no 16 bit program will run in WIN 7!!!!!!
like i said get COREL 7,8,9, 10, 11, 12..........AND CUT FROM COREL....

jpienaar

Window & Casmate

Casmate is working better on 7 then any other windows, I paid ton for the program years ago, and it never work well on 98, much better on XP and perfectly on 7.
If I can load the drivers for the PNC 1000, there are plotter drivers on the cd, just need to find them again, packed far away,, just cant connect the dongle to a laptop tho.
Hoping I can get it working though Casmate on 7.

Last edited:

JMPrinting

Grrrr...I ran my first cutter a couple years ago on Windows 7 and it was the same PNC 1000 cutter. I know I ran the GX-24 driver on my machine. Try that, I think there was errors but ran fine. Just takes some manipulation and play time.

OP is right, can't break those...solid machine. Noisy as hell but nice. Cut very small things with ease.

jpienaar

No pnc 1000 driver in Casmate pro

Hi guys

System is all set up and pnc1000 ready to run, went into Casmate and cant find the drivers, I do remember that you can use a different driver, it was so long I cant remember, does anyone know or remember?