• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CJ-500 dumping all it's ink in to the waste bottle

spencer2004

My Roland CJ-500 has been having a problem recently which is becoming increasingly annoying and costly. Every now and then it will dump all the ink out of the 3 cartridges connected to the right head in to the waste bottles. It does it slowly so it is hard to notice until the morning when the cartridges are drained. Some times it will not do it for a few days then as soon as I think that it's fixed it will do it again.

I originally thought that it was the sponge in the capping station swelling up and touching the head so I removed the top layer but it is doing it again. The capping station is fairly new anyway. The cartridges are new and do not have air leaks as far as I know, neither does the ink lines or dampers.

Any ideas guys?

FrankW

This problem happens when something is wrong with the capping station, ink tubes from capping station to the pump or the pump itself. It happens when ink is remaining in that components after cleaning, what creates a slight suction.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
sponges in capping station are swelling, touching the heads. the ink slowly flows into the bottle.

there used to be some nice capping station with a metal piece holding down the sponge, haven't seen them in a while. I used to make my own, then I bought a latex printer and life is good...

Schraubfix

Look also for a good function of the wiper, when wiping is bad, than you have a lot of ink on the nozzle blade
and ink can leak completely.