• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland cj-500 help...........

vistawaysigns

I was wondering if you guys could help me with an issue in having with my cj-500 printer

we restarted our machine today and display shows
> unknown ink type
give us a choice of pig or dye I choose pig CMYKlclm
it asks us to remove cartridges
then to install cl- liquid <-- we don’t have this
so we installed the ink cartridges back in and just keeps dumping our ink
don’t know how to get out of these settings
If you guys could help we will appreciated thanks

shoresigns

I don't know the answer to your question, but where do you buy your inks from? I call my Roland dealer's support technician all the time with questions like this.

sfr table hockey

Someone in error may have hit pump up or change ink set.

Remove the two pump lines from the captops. (should be the white lines that go to the pump) Once you have removed these from the captops there will be no actual waste of ink. Just let the pump run it's timed amount (about 1 min or so) then follow the promps of the panel and just keep entering as if you are changing the carts with cleaning fluid and let it run the pump. Once all is done re connect the lines to the captops.

Tone-Mark Creative

Old-School Sign Man living in the present
CJ-500 additional question

Greetings all...
I also have a Roland CJ-500 and will be converting from pigmented aqueous in the not too distant future. In the mean time, have just been testing this just-acquired unit to print and cut via Signlab 8.0. Quite a learning curve there- but got stopped in mid stream when the Roland LM ran dry.

My additional question is... How long may that LM cartridge be empty before an adverse effect on the printer's ability to print happens. I don't really want to purchase all the(6) inks as I will just be wasting money- transitioning to eco-solvent soon in the next month or so. Like to know what is save-able as well. (i.e. dampers, lines, capping stations, etc.) Or should I opt for a complete changeover? Considering printerconversions.com
...as they seem to have the best complete packages. Though before I even buy a drop of ink I will have spent 1000.00!
It's okay. The means justify the ends. I see these great print-cut wraps and I am chomping at the bit to get into doing one.

Thanks for any help on this subject, all. You guys are the best.

http://www.signcrafterz.com

Cheers!
Randy

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Greetings all...
I also have a Roland CJ-500 and will be converting from pigmented aqueous in the not too distant future. In the mean time, have just been testing this just-acquired unit to print and cut via Signlab 8.0. Quite a learning curve there- but got stopped in mid stream when the Roland LM ran dry.

My additional question is... How long may that LM cartridge be empty before an adverse effect on the printer's ability to print happens. I don't really want to purchase all the(6) inks as I will just be wasting money- transitioning to eco-solvent soon in the next month or so. Like to know what is save-able as well. (i.e. dampers, lines, capping stations, etc.) Or should I opt for a complete changeover? Considering printerconversions.com
...as they seem to have the best complete packages. Though before I even buy a drop of ink I will have spent 1000.00!
It's okay. The means justify the ends. I see these great print-cut wraps and I am chomping at the bit to get into doing one.

Thanks for any help on this subject, all. You guys are the best.

sell the machine right now, seriously.

I used them for 10 years, converted 5 of them, made a ton with them, BUT, that was when the parts were cheap, now the heads are 3-4 times what i used to pay for them. capping stations used to be $35 each, now they are 4-5 times that, and they are not as good as they used to be. these printers can gobble parts and time!

outsource your printing needs until you can afford or justify getting a real printer.

IMHO...