• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CJ-500/SC-500 Print Drivers

johnmws

I just acquired a Roland CJ-500 that has been converted to a SC-500. Connecting the printer to my computer with a parallel cable to printer and USB to computer. Computer auto finds new hardware but I can't install because there are no drivers to download from Roland.
Does anyone have the drivers or know what I can do? I'd really like to get this machine working sooner than later. About to pull my hair out. Someone? Anyone?

DRPSignsNGrafix

I think I still have drivers for that machine. But they are at home on my PC. I'll take a look if I get a chance tonight. I'm heading out of town tonight till sunday. If I don't get to look. I will on sunday night and post here.

johnmws

Stop teasing. I'm still trying to figure out why Roland doesn't have them for download on their site. The tech support guy I spoke with tried to tell me I didn't need any. That just doesn't make any sense. How would the computer be able to talk to the printer without them. Strange and frustrating.

Hopefully someone else will have them for me today or tomorrow. Was hoping to print something out this week.

Thanks

I think I still have drivers for that machine. But they are at home on my PC. I'll take a look if I get a chance tonight. I'm heading out of town tonight till sunday. If I don't get to look. I will on sunday night and post here.

DRPSignsNGrafix

My questions is how are you hooking it up? What software are you using to print from? SC500 should go straight to computer via Parrell if I remember right.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
maybe because you don't need them. you need a program that can RIP files. then that program will be able to connect and send to printer.

this isn't a desktop printer...

johnmws

I have both Flexi 10 and ColorChoice.

So what you're saying is I don't have to add the hardware in Windows, I just got to the Rip software to send to printer?

johnmws

Amost there. Using Flexi10, designed test graphic to print. Did Rip and Print. It Ripped 100% but gets stuck printing at 44%. Tried to just print just text as a test. Ripped 100% but printing never moved past 0%. Any ideas?

CS-SignSupply

"Connecting the printer to my computer with a parallel cable to printer and USB to computer."

I am confused about this OP statement.

sfr table hockey

On mine I use a parallel to usb and have mine set up on USB printer 0.

The odd time if I have another printer on I have to change it to the other USB printer 1.

johnmws

We have ignition!! That was it. Changed it to USB printer 0 and I'm off. You Rock! Thank you.

Printing done. Anything special I need to know about cutting before I tackle that?

On mine I use a parallel to usb and have mine set up on USB printer 0.

The odd time if I have another printer on I have to change it to the other USB printer 1.

sfr table hockey

Cutting is easy..... getting it to cut where you want it to is the hard part.

If you are talking about setting up files to cut around jpeg's or images that are not vectors, that is the area that Flexi can help. Basic lettering is click and print and cut but when you want to create a cut line around a bitmap I tend to use the vectorize tools and make a copy of the bitmap and vectorize it to get a vector and make the outline or cut line from that.

Read up in the CJ manual for cutting with crop marks so you can laminate and put the piece back in to cut. If you cut something right away after printing, don't have your middle pinch roller being used or you will have skid marks.

johnmws

OK, me again. I'm now trying to install Colorchoice on my Windows XP machine.

Is anyone running ColorChoice on XP? After install I can't get test page to print. It RIPs 100% and then gets stuck on the Printing at 0%.

Connected to USB001
Changed to Print Directly to Printer

Nothing. Anyone? Help!

sprockett

Ive got a related issue...
Ive got color choice installed.
I'm trying to install a USB to Parallel port.
I don't fully understand the install generic driver process. that CC tells me to install.

I go to install printer, as a driver I select Generic text printer. and print direct to printer.
When I run ColorChoice and select CJ-500 and USB it tells me to install generic driver...(which I thought I had) and doesn't let me continue.

Any guidence please