• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland CJ-70

Adam Hamilton

I recently purchased a Roland CJ-70. It is obviously very old. I am having issues connecting with it. FlexiSign Pro 19 says it has drivers for it. I have been trying with the 7 day free trial, but to no avail. Had one of their tech guys on it for more than 2 1/2 hrs and he couldn't get it either. This machine will never print but I thought it a good purchase for cutting vinyl. The laptop does not seem to be able to communicate through the usb/ serial adapter, also when I got it the owner was running it out of the parallel port? I have that adapter as well. Tried both the serial and parallel ports again to no avail. My hopes is that someone who has had this issue can help me get this machine cutting. I have tried the Flexi, I am going to try Corel X8, and a couple cutting programs I have downloaded. Is there any advice or quick fixes anyone could point out for me?

netsol

adam
much easier if we setup the parallel,adapter, it requires no configuration, the serial needs 5 settings to match for the port to function
before using a usb adapter, you must install the driver first. if you plug it in first, it becomes a composite device and will not function. we need to delete it

do you have the drivers for the parallel adapter? if yes, lets unplug the adapter, then go to device manager, go down to usb. in the hardware "tree" and delete any composite devices, also delete anything in the tree with a yellow flag or red x . you may have to go to view and check "show hidden devices"

now load the disk for the adapter, (or the file from that manufacturer's website THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME, IT NEEDS TO BE THE CORRECT FILE

after loading the file, you can plug the adapter in & it should "ding" and make an indication of new hardware installed., connect to the plotter

now, you should be able to choose usb001, "usb printing support" or something like that to send a print job to your printer

i still have flexi 12 loadedso i can't take you through the steps for 19, but it should still be new setup in production manager & you should have material loaded with the machine indicating ready. it will not be ready with ink errors showing

hopefully, that will pretty much be all there is to it

Adam Hamilton

adam
much easier if we setup the parallel,adapter, it requires no configuration, the serial needs 5 settings to match for the port to function
before using a usb adapter, you must install the driver first. if you plug it in first, it becomes a composite device and will not function. we need to delete it

do you have the drivers for the parallel adapter? if yes, lets unplug the adapter, then go to device manager, go down to usb. in the hardware "tree" and delete any composite devices, also delete anything in the tree with a yellow flag or red x . you may have to go to view and check "show hidden devices"

now load the disk for the adapter, (or the file from that manufacturer's website THEY ARE NOT ALL THE SAME, IT NEEDS TO BE THE CORRECT FILE

after loading the file, you can plug the adapter in & it should "ding" and make an indication of new hardware installed., connect to the plotter

now, you should be able to choose usb001, "usb printing support" or something like that to send a print job to your printer

i still have flexi 12 loadedso i can't take you through the steps for 19, but it should still be new setup in production manager & you should have material loaded with the machine indicating ready. it will not be ready with ink errors showing

hopefully, that will pretty much be all there is to it
I will give this a try, thank you very much!

Adam Hamilton

This is the first time I've had a chance to get back on here since replying. To update the issue it was the cord and I am running smoothly with Flexi 19 and operating out of Windows 10! Thanks again for the advice! And to anyone who is having driver issues Flexi 19 has them!!!