Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Roland CJ500 "Temp too low"

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Brian_cj, Oct 2, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Brian_cj

Brian_cj New Member

Oct 1, 2019
    UK
    Hello,
    I have read varius posts on this subject but I am looking at this from a different angle,
    I have a Roland CJ500 that is used just as a cutter, recently one of the print heads failed and has some burnt components on it, no damage to the main board.
    however I now get the "temp too low" message which prevents the cutter from working, I am reluctant to buy a new printhead as I do not use the machine as a printer.

does anyone on this forum know how to bypass the temperature monitor or simulate a signal that the main board is expecting to see from the printhead?

failing that if anyone has a copy of the circuit diagram of the main board they are willing to share I can probably
    work out a fix from that.

looking forward to any advice.

Tags:
  2. woolly

woolly Active Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Cornwall uk
    only a idea presume its responding to head temp not bed temp, there must be lots of old heads sitting in draws perhaps put a call out for a used head and cable