• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ROLAND CJ500 With FlexiSignPro weird problem

JMDigital

I have a jpeg that when printed 40in wide the colors are wrong. When I rip the same image but make the size smaller. say 50% smaller, the colors are correct????!! Same image same everything, I shrink the image in the rip and print section and it fixes the colors? Anyone with advice? By the way it only happens with a group of images from the same person. All other files I print either test prints or large photos look perfect.. I am thinking something is wrong with the image files sent to me but I would love some input.

thanks...

bovegas

I would open that image in photosop or other program and save it as tiff or pdf and than open in flexi and see if that would fix the problem.

JMDigital

A general reply... The files were originally tiffs I converted to JPEG to see if it would make a difference. It did not. the resolution of one of the images 300 dpi 1800x4760

That is the one that the colors are wrong when i print it big. small print colors are fine.

musquoni

I have a similar problem with artwork created in flexisign. If its created in Photoshop or Illustrator its fine. What you need to do is open the tiff in photoshop and assign a input profile to the image and save it as a jpg. then open it in flexisign production manager and assign an output profile and try printing it. It works for me most of the time.

JMDigital

I have a similar problem with artwork created in flexisign. If its created in Photoshop or Illustrator its fine. What you need to do is open the tiff in photoshop and assign a input profile to the image and save it as a jpg. then open it in flexisign production manager and assign an output profile and try printing it. It works for me most of the time.

Interesting.. I have never done input or output profiles.. I did look into it.. I am a little lost on how the profiles work could you message me with more info on how to do the profiles thanks... However the artwork was not created in flexi.. its a digital photo taken of an artists chalk painting.. I know its not really a painting because she uses chalk but that's what I call them.. weird new info for the problem.. A photo taken with the same camera of a tree prints perfectly.. however any photo of her work does not print the colors correctly. I'm starting to think that the chalk or PASTEL I think is what she uses "they look like pieces of chalk" somehow when its photographed it looks correct to the eye but the "chalk" is somehow not being recorded correctly.

For example - even on her personal Epson 13x19 printer she has to adjust the image before it looks correct, so even she cant just go from camera to print on a desktop epson . The "Tree" photo that looks great I printed with one of her photos of her art at the same time . one photo next to the other. The tree prints correctly and the artwork does not. This is takeing the JPEGS from the camera direct. This is a new Digital SLR camera she has. All photos of real things work , all photos of her artwork color shift.

I hope this addition helps and if anyone would like a copy of the file I have been trying to print I have her permission to send it to any print professional for help. I can send the Tree photo and a photo of her art from the same camera same settings only change is the subject of the photo.

thank you all for the advice This is driving me nutz....:banghead:

JMDigital

Hate to still harp on a problem but I wanted to add a little info. This problem is still an ongoing nightmare. I did fail to say that the artist that is giving me thing to print is my step mother. She has been in the advertising business creating things for big business long before computers were really used, she is semi-retired now but still does little things here and there. She creates EVERYTHING with Illustrator CS2 on her MAC. They look great. I have CS2 and can load her files, my Flexi 7.5 WONT load a CS2 file or an AI file at all without loosing the images. So I naturally convert to TIFF or JPEG to print. She saves the file as a CS2 CMYK FILE. I have used CS2 to save the file as a CMYK JPEG, TIFF , PDF , and also as RGB files. Her work just prints WRONG, the colors are faded in the images, the solid colors shift from for example BLUE to PURPLE ??? The weirdest thing for me is that it looks correct on the screen. I have embedded ICC profiles I have turned them off, I have messed with every setting I can think of with FLEXI and I am at a big loss.. If there is anyone with CS2 that has a printer close to a CJ500 (i know its an older printer but its a workhorse) and is willing to load the file and look at it maybe you can see a stupid setting or something that is wrong with the way the image was saved??? The AI file is 30mb so I would have to send it to you with the many large file send websites out there. Just Message me and I will send the file ASAP. Remember its her work that's printing strange? If it was a random customer I would have sent them away by now but its my step-mother and she is driving me NUTZ.... :help
Is there some sort of cheap or free rip software I could try just for the hell of it? I dont want to buy another million dollar rip but something simple that works on XP that I can try??

sfr table hockey

I am using flexi and using a converted CJ500 so if you want PM me. Could use "box" to save the files to if they are too large to email. I have the Adobe bundle as well.

First do you ever just use production manager on its own?
I never take a file into flexi and then print from there. I always open production manager and from there just add the file and go from there. The only time I like to go from flexi is for cutting and using the option to cut a certain footage before moving to the next area.

JMDigital

have her save it RGB...

I actually have the AI file and have saved as RGB. But same result. I assumed the CMYK Image would be ok because the CJ has CMYKLcLm installed in it? So does that make it a CMYK Printer or RGB printer. I know it sounds like an amateur question but I only just thought of it when you mentioned using RGB specifically.