Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Roland Cleaning. New Kit vs Old Kit?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Fantazia, May 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Fantazia

Fantazia Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Greece
    Hello,

my authorized Roland supplier sent me a Cleaning Kit (ESL5) instead the one (SL) I used to buy for cleaning my VS and SC. As I know ESL5 is for cleaning Eco-Sol Max 3 printers, but the supplier said that from now on, Roland has only this cleaning Kit (ESL5) for all Eco-Sol printers.

I think this is a more aggressive cleaning fluid. Is it safe to use it for my older machines?

Thank you.

Tags:
  2. Fantazia

Fantazia Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Greece
    Anybody knows?

3. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet Printer Fixers

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Roland sells the kit you want on their store. Here's a link: Cleaning Kit (SL)

On a side note, you would think if Roland didn't sell it anymore it wouldn't be on their site right? Your dealer probably just doesn't want to stock 2 kits.

4. Fantazia

Fantazia Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Greece
    Thank you for the reply. An other supplier told me that has SL cleaning fluid in 500 ml bottle. I will prefer to use this mostly with compatibility with my old SC-500, at least as this is in the market.