• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CM-300 hard to weed letters

raw191

I got this machine awhile back and love it for the most part. It cuts long graphics with ease. However, it cuts text horrible. It leaves little "tits" on all the letters uncut wherever it started and stopped the cut. I've adjusted knife extension and pressure for quite a bit, but still troubles. I had a "cheap piece of junk" master cutter before this and it honestly ran circles around the roland on cutting text. Any ideas? Thanks.

I

ilevelsign

offset as mentioned prev, may need a new blade or blade holder.

Tharnpheffa

You might try putting a very slight outline (.001) on the letters (with keep original deselected). The blade will keep cutting instead of starting and stopping so much.

flyinhawaiian968

Same thing I had issues with on my CX300 when I first got it. Try an offset of 0.25, that's where mine is set right now, and I can cut down to ¼" letters with little difficulty in weeding.

Chris

OldPaint

might also be the CUTTING PROGRAM...ive seen some here complain FLEXI does this somethimes.
i cut from corel so i know it works good.......