• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland CM300 skipping

ytry

I have a Roland CM300 that is skipping while cutting horizontal lines. New cutter protection strip, changed to new blade, lowered downforce. I would appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks, Curt

round man

check and clean the wheels the knife carriage uses to slide back and forth on the extrusion that the assembly mounts to,..also check the extrusion itself for gunk buildup(scraps of tiny vinyl and adhesive gunk from said scrap),.this may involve removing the top protective plate that covers the knife carriage bar.if it is on the wheels or bar it will raise and lower the head assembly slightly as it travels causing the blade to skip during a cut. any irregularity in the way the blade traverses this extrusion and or in the level of the of the cutting strip will cause discrepancies in the blade height and depth thus skipping in cuts can occur,...another cause is a loose blade holder,...