Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland color rip or versaworks?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Bob 67, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Bob 67

Bob 67 Member

Nov 5, 2005
    Im ordering the 54" versacamm and my supplier has two units with two different programs. color rip and versaworks. Is there much difference between the two?
    salesman says color rip is better but an older program. I'd rather hear input from professionals using these programs daily. thanks.

Tags:
  2. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    I personally feel that ColorRip is better. ColorRip is actually Wasatch SoftRip which you can check out here:

http://www.wasatchinc.com/

The 54" Versacamm that is running ColorRip has to be almost a year old though. They have not packaged ColorRip with the Versacamms since 01/01/05. ColorRip will not work on the newer machines produced after 01/01/05.

3. jgolo

jgolo Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Barry -

What comes with the newer machines then? From what I have been reading - colorrip is better.

-john

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2005
  4. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    Versaworks comes with the newer "V" machines.

5. Bob 67

Bob 67 Member

Nov 5, 2005
    thanks Barry,

After calling the salesman back the machine with color rip is a demo on their floor, not a current model. they offered me 2500 off the original quote
    for the demo but want another 2300 to change it to a bulk ink system.

Has anyone had problems with the bulk ink systems on a versacamm?

Bob

6. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    Bob,

I would try to work them down a bit on the demo machine if thats the one your wanting. $2,500 off gets them down to about their cost on the machine. If they are not willing to budge it is a good deal at that price as long as it has a full warrenty.

As for the bulk ink system, there is only 1 good one out there that I have found and it is the Triangle system distributed by nu-sign. You can check it out at the below link.

http://www.nu-flex.com/solvent/bulkinksystem.htm

The bulk ink system for the Versacamm runs at $1595.00 which comes with a new pump, dampers & wipers as well as 4 liters of ink. This is the only system that Im aware of that will actually warrenty your machine if something goes wrong. Also this is the only system I know of with any significant amount of profiles.

If you have any questions about the ink system please feel free to call me at 832-515-6458. Ive been running these inks for about 4-5 months now and one of my buddies has been running them for about 6-7 months. GraphiXtreme has also been running it for a few months as well.