• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Colorcamm Pc-60

gvgraphics

Just looking for some input on the PC-60. Is it a good machine, cost per square foot to run and so on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is this a trick question ?? :Big Laugh

I see this question often and in lots of other threads and on other sites too. This seems to be the most widely sought after piece of equipment.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love ours. There are ups and downs about everything, but ours has done many wonderful things and has made us a lot of money. It’s older technology, but its results are truly great. Some say its supplies are priced to high, but you just charge accordingly. We never have a problem collecting on what it produces. Others say it’s too slow. If it’s your sole cutter or printer, that might be the case, just plan accordingly. We’ve always had extra cutters cutting, so that was never an issue. I hear about all the banding this machine creates. That’s basically ‘garbage in… garbage out.’ We never had an issue with banding. There are ways to get rid of it, if you’re seeing some. No tricks, just common sense.

All the parts and accessories are still totally available. So, if you want to get your feet wet in the digital world, I think it’s an avenue worth checking out. :thumb:

stevelv

I think the answer is 'use it for what it's intended for' such as decals and small images and it's ok - I just printed a 22" * 36" full color picture for the back of our RV and it was a complete nightmare - I'd have to charge $200 if we did it for anyone else and it has banding close up - from 6' away it looks fine.

I still say that you can't build a business based solely on a PC60/PC600 - you need better (more reliable) and faster equipment.