• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Colorcamm PC-600 Printhead replacement?

Snap2000

I recently acquired a Roland PC-600, I know it is an old vinyl printer but I would still like to use it. I was wondering where I could buy a printhead from, as most sites that show them for sale are from Indonesian scammers.
20180621_035804.jpg

Thanks!

Debbie Pritchett

I would like to know as well, I love mine, and hate to just do away with it, you can still get supplies and most parts for it, just not the main one... the printhead

Snap2000

I found a printhead for sale, bought it, and installed it! It works! But I'm having trouble figuring out how to calibrate/adjust it. If anybody knows how, it would be greatly appreciated.
There is a very small amount of banding between the prints, and it seems as each print line is slightly not lined up. (And it can't be a bad printhead because this is a completely new printhead)

Attachments

• 20190411_223524.jpg
    20190411_223524.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 302

FrankW

The printhead calibration is not easy explainable through a forum, you should search for a service manual.

But there is no real chance to avoid that banding.

Snap2000

The printhead calibration is not easy explainable through a forum, you should search for a service manual.

But there is no real chance to avoid that banding.
I have been reading the service manual, and all the calibrations. Although I don't know which one would help with this banding. And it is impossible to find the .TEI files online so I was wondering if someone had them by any chance.
The banding is so small it looks like a microscopic white dotted line. I know this is a very old printer but there's got to be a way to remove that. Thanks.

Snap2000

After further testing, it appears to be a scratch and not banding. Somehow this printhead is scratching the surface of the vinyl. You can see the scratching on parts that are not printed.

Attachments

• 20190411_230102.jpg
    20190411_230102.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 308

Hielorojo

After further testing, it appears to be a scratch and not banding. Somehow this printhead is scratching the surface of the vinyl. You can see the scratching on parts that are not printed.
I have a PC600 at home and I think that I have a complete service manual and TEI files, you can solve the banding easily, when I back to home I will check it for you.

Debbie Pritchett

I found a printhead for sale, bought it, and installed it! It works! But I'm having trouble figuring out how to calibrate/adjust it. If anybody knows how, it would be greatly appreciated.
There is a very small amount of banding between the prints, and it seems as each print line is slightly not lined up. (And it can't be a bad printhead because this is a completely new printhead)

Could you please let me know where you bought yours from, I’ve been looking for awhile now. Thank you so much

Snap2000

Could you please let me know where you bought yours from, I’ve been looking for awhile now. Thank you so much
I was looking for a printhead for the last eight months, and found one by complete chance that was new. These printheads are very hard to come by I don't think I'd ever find one again. My suggestion is to put an alert on eBay for PC600 printheads so you can be alerted if one comes up. Also try to look internationally on eBay.

netsol

could i possibly get the TEI files as well?
we have 3 pc 600's and a pc 60
planning on making a weekend project of "make 2 good out of 4"

i want to,use to print on styrene sign blanks

we have a client we did a sign in 1996 using this technology (alps 5000, we tiled the sign, on white vinyl). it was still in service for 13 years when the owner retired. still looking good

Vipul

I have a PC600 at home and I think that I have a complete service manual and TEI files, you can solve the banding easily, when I back to home I will check it for you.

Sir can you help me regarding how to save and send the file for cutting Vinyl to the PC 600? . I am using Corel Draw X4 and after setting the text, saving in curves in CutContour, I'm lost! as the printer does'nt work yet its fine. When I add job and send nothing happens. Is there a way to save the job?

Vipul

I was looking for a printhead for the last eight months, and found one by complete chance that was new. These printheads are very hard to come by I don't think I'd ever find one again. My suggestion is to put an alert on eBay for PC600 printheads so you can be alerted if one comes up. Also try to look internationally on eBay.
I have 2 Brand New heads in case anyone is interested as I only use the machine to cut Vinyl.

Michael Russell

can u please provide me with the tei files and service manual, it would be of great help
thanks in advance
peace
mike