• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland colorcamm pc60 ink scratching off

upnorthpromo

I have a pc60 and the ink will scratch off almost like a lottery ticket. The print seems to hold up great outdoors but still will scratch off easily. I have tried various types and brands of vinyl. I have also tried different ribbons. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

upnorthpromo

I have not laminated the prints but i assumed they would hold up much better than that. Transfer tape will even lift the print!

hjlanda22

if its scratching off you are proble using wax ribons by mistake (they look similair) because the actual resien ribbons will not scratch off but wax will Id put my money on you have wax ribbons in your pc60 (they are used for t-shirt printing/heat press)

upnorthpromo

I put new ribbons in there that came along with the machine. It came with both wax and resin. The ones I installed said resin on them. I bought the machine used but the ribbons were in the box perhaps they were miss marked.

Sign Works

Sounds like you are using a wax ribbon, those are for heat transfers not decals.

Basics to successful printing on Colorcamm-

1.) Use Mactac 9800 vinyl.
(clean vinyl with 91% isoprophyl alcohol prior to printing)

2.) Use genuine Roland ribbons only.

3.) Clean right hand leading edge of print head immediately after each print session.

Jackpine

All that is true. I printed on Shinerite with DuraCoat resin ribbons and never had a problem. Cleaning the vinyl is very important for adhesion and preventing premature prin thead wear. Mactac was good but the shine in Shinerite telegraphed through the resin. This was done on a PC 600.
Sounds like you are using a wax ribbon, those are for heat transfers not decals.

Basics to successful printing on Colorcamm-

1.) Use Mactac 9800 vinyl.
(clean vinyl with 91% isoprophyl alcohol prior to printing)

2.) Use genuine Roland ribbons only.

3.) Clean right hand leading edge of print head immediately after each print session.

upnorthpromo

All the ribbon the machine came with were wax ribbons but labeled resin???? Anyhow go some new ones and it did the trick. No more scratching off!! Thanks alot.

upnorthpromo

Since I have a surplus of wax ribbons how to I get them to transfer. I have a heat press but I usually only use it for cut heat transfer vinyl. I'm not sure how they work. Thanks