• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Colorrip cutpath issue

ChristianRhodes

So I have a logo we are die cutting for a company. There is a gradient inside with a black border around it. The problem I am having is when I pull it into the rip software, it is turning the gradient into a cutpath on all logo's but one. I have tried using a different color as the cutpath thinking maybe the RIP software was confused and picking up my cutpath color in the gradient and thus turning it into a cutpath as well. But that didnt work. I tried making the cutpath solid and bringing it to the front but am having the same problem. I have done everything I can think of to no avail. Need to get this job done! Shouldn't be this difficult. Any advice? Example-01.jpg Cray-01.jpg

ChristianRhodes

So I fixed the issue by putting a very thin white offsett around the gradient and that did the trick. Very bizzare. I also tried different color gradients with different color backgrounds with the same result. The white line did the trick.

woolly

my guess is that there is a hidden layer or group.
copy a bad logo in to a new file and pick it apart to check what outlines are on each bit.
perhaps when the cut path was created it was sill grouped or not seperated.
its not the actual colour of the cutpath its the name that is reconised in the rip.

ChristianRhodes

I tried that. I even tried totaly different colors in a new file and the same result. My guess is the black touching all those different colors messed it up somehow. I am using an archaic RIP software too so that probably has a lot to do with it.