• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Colors using Coreldraw

landdesigns

Hello,I read a few post on the forums here on making colors more vibrant on the Roland Versacamm but not to many post when using Coreldraw with the Versacamm.

I'm using Coreldraw with my Versacamm and i'm struggling with the colors not being vibrant, I found roland swatches and used them but not much of difference.(can't figure out how to print out a color swatch either in Coreldraw)

I wondering if I can some advice on what to check or pointers on what to do on solving my color issue when using Coreldraw with my Versacamm?

Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Todd

landdesigns

Also, I'm not sure exactly if using the Roland colors system correctly with Coreldraw? I found the Roland swatch for Illustrator and have been using that in my Coreldraw , but couldn't find a colorswatch in Versaworks for coreldraw only? Maybe Im not using Roland Clolor system right?

Bigdawg

Just Me
There is a swatch for Corel too... this is where it is on my machine:

C:\Program Files\Roland VersaWorks\Swatch\CorelDraw\userinks.cpl

kico-abaco

Read this:
http://www.rolanddg.co.za/UserMans/Roland%20color%20system.pdf
I had a same problem as you, I was totaly loosing my mind with fu*ckin vector colors and export untill I started using Roland swatches. (Remember to check "Convert spot color" under File Format button in VersaWorks).
Have in mind that you have to write down every color you use, because Corel don't remember selected Pantone color. Or is it just mine X4? :-(
And for bitmap graphics try designing in rgb, and when you do export to .eps you must select ""send bitmaps as RGB" and let Versaworks handle colors.
This works fine for me, colors are awesome.

Artildawn

color management helps too in corel but I still find it a bit light without doing multiple head passes.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I do most of my sign design work using CorelDRAW. As much as I like Corel for vector object editing, I don't like its color handling and print output. So I typically take my CDR artwork into Adobe Illustrator to make final color choices there.

With CorelDRAW it's much more of a hassle to get colors on screen looking like how they will print. Right out of the box Illustrator gives more accurate "soft proofing." Another major advantage of Illustrator: gradients have a seemingly infinite number of steps whereas Corel's fountain fill effect has only 256 steps. I think this difference may have to do with the native Postscript capability in the VersaWorks software. Roland does a good job of keeping it up to date. I can feed it Illustrator CS4 version EPS files and it has no compatibility issues with it.

The CorelDraw colors are in your Program folder along with AI colors. Import them to your CorelDraw.
Roland is offering a Color Management & Production class (mid August) in the Pacific NW (OR, ID, AK, WA), and often at Irvine, CA. Their classes sure help to reach the colors you wish to achieve.

landdesigns

Printed Rolands color chart of Versaworks, colors on chart look great! loaded Rolands color palette on my coredraw did some test prints using the palette, colors dull not like on color chart?

Maybe I should use Adobe Illustrator?

GVP

We use Corel (X3) and get great colours using the Roland palette - you must remember to check the 'Convert spot color' in Versaworks (File Format) as kiko-abaco said.

landdesigns

Got spot color checked, I opened the quality setting , the color management and it is set at "Pre-PressU.S." should it be set at something else?

kico-abaco

Got spot color checked, I opened the quality setting , the color management and it is set at "Pre-PressU.S." should it be set at something else?

It must be the same setup used when you printed the color chart. You used PressUS? Than must print with PressUS.
If you change resolution, or something in color management (PrePress US, Europe, Sign&display...) - color will not be the same again. Maybe alike as on printing chart, but not the same.
That also means if you wanna get the same color as on color chart, you have to print color chart for every material you are using (paper, vinyl, banner, window graphic...).

landdesigns

Changed Color Management to sign&display on Versaworks from prepress Us Made a big different in vibrance of colors.