• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland coming out with a latex conversion

sfr table hockey

Has anyone else been told that Roland is coming out with a latex conversion for their printers? Just had a call today about this.

Also a question about the EcosolMax 2 inks. Has anyone used these? Has anyone used them in a printer they were told that they would not work in but do? Any idea why they would not, or is it mainly a profile issue?

Just wondering if there would be a real reason they would not work in any printer as long as you can make your own profiles. I always question the "it won't work in your printer" comment when that is what I was told when I first wanted to convert my CJ500 over 3 years ago.

sfr table hockey

The guy that was talking about the latex conversion stuff was just saying that the Max 2 inks were better for scratch resistance and yes had Lt black and other options for ink sets including white etc. He could not say why they would not work in older printers. I just wonder if it's a profile issue and thats all.

Robert M

New inks

Doubt Roland has that much to do with it. Their new printers are using the Epson DX 6 heads (same as Epson GS6000) and Epson has had a nickle free ink for that printer for years. Epson regulates what inks go through Epson heads.

sfr table hockey

So for example my old DX2 heads have had eveything from waterbased inks to 3 different eco solvent inks in them and they print with all of them. You just need to make profiles to get good color.

So with the Ecosol Max2 inks, is there a reason they would not work in these heads? Like the ink is thicker or there is something in the ink that won't go through that type of print head. I just wonder why they say they won't work in older printers.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i don't see it, the latex need massive heat, before, after, during. the latex is all about bonding the ink instantly. it won't dry after the fact. I don't see how it would work....

unless their play on the word latex is kinda like HP's play on the word....