• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Cutter Blades

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
I've seen mention of sources for aftermarket Roland Blades. Considering what we now know about the longevity of factory ones can anyone steer me where to search for aftermarket models?

:banghead:

Greggie

I've seen mention of sources for aftermarket Roland Blades. Considering what we now know about the longevity of factory ones can anyone steer me where to search for aftermarket models?

:banghead:

Clear Cut blades are the best
Thanks

Greg

JCGraphix

Kind of a newb to this and i search on here and couldn't really find anything, but how ofter should i change my cutting blade?

ova

Kind of a newb to this and i search on here and couldn't really find anything, but how ofter should i change my cutting blade?

Your cut should tell you when it's time to change the blade. Or aleast the force which you're cutting. Sometimes if the corners aren't cut 100% when the blade turns to go another direction is a sign of the tip wearing.

Also depends on what material you cut the most. Some on here say use a different blade [45 vs 60] when cutting reflective, foil or anything out of the norm. If you do alot of laminating, it might dull your blade quicker.

We use Roland blades only and I'm not so sure they're any better than after market blades. Seems like the life of these are getting worse.

Dave

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Blades

All I can say on the subject is a couple yard job of reflective ate my blade alive.

We ran a blade in our Graphtec for 2 years without incident. Please correct me but as I understand they (Graphtec) are the only hardened factory blades?

FYI and at your own risk, I was able to touch up the blade to get through the job. I needed it out before Monday when I can get a new one.

JCGraphix

Thanks guys! Well it seems when i cut big decals, its fine, but i just cut 50 6x6's that had a basketball net on them and it seemed that some weeded parts didn't get cut all the way.