• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland cutting force problem

bastropsigns

Hi guys,
I have a xr-640 roland 2013, single owner.

My issue started when performing PerfCutContours, on the right half side of the sheet (Control Panel side) stickers where cutting at the right force. On the left side maybe 13" in some stickers where cut not with the same force. The problem seems to be increasing as time went on working its way to the right side of the sheet.

When doing test cuts on unlaminated film, I used to able to cut around 80 force, now I need to be around 145 just to be able to weed it.

I have replaced,
Blades, Blade Holders, Cutter Strip, Cut Guides and Cable, Cut Carriage Board and Servo Board, and today I replace the Cut Carriage Solenoid....

Roland Techs are stumped, I spent around 3,500 - 4,000 in last three weeks trying to get this going.

Anything else or time to buy a new one?

GTSTech_1

After replacing the Cut Carriage solenoid, did the tech check the "Tool Pressure Adjustment"? Was it checked before all the other parts were replaced? The Tool Pressure adjustment can be found in the Maint. Manual Section 4-13. At this point the only other component to replace would be the mainboard.

Just my .02

bastropsigns

After replacing the Cut Carriage solenoid, did the tech check the "Tool Pressure Adjustment"? Was it checked before all the other parts were replaced? The Tool Pressure adjustment can be found in the Maint. Manual Section 4-13. At this point the only other component to replace would be the mainboard.

Just my .02
Would you happen to have that service manual to screen shot that page to us?

stxrmxn

we perf cut on 22mil laminated film it is a fine line between cutting perfectly and not cutting at all. Sometimes when the wind changes direction we cant get anything to cut properley. i really wouldnt think it is mechanical, when you changed the cut strip if there is the tiniest bit of adhesive left over it will raise your strip in certain places, you also cant change the blade / cut strip and presume your cutting pressures are going to be the same, fractions of mm on the blade height, fractions of mm on the cut strip height all make a big difference on your settings.

bastropsigns

Thank for the reply. I thoroughly changed the strip 3 times in one month along with 5 blades and two blade holders just to make sure... Been running this printer doing perfs since 2013.... I know this machine pretty well. Not sure what is going, neither do roland techs. I'v been through three of them....