• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland cx-24 with xp driver cutting dashes

TC49010

I have the roland cx-24 hooked up to my XP , installed the XP driver and have sent a design to the cx-24, should be cutting long smooth lines, instead I am cutting short dashes.

Whats the issue?
Thanks!

TC49010

Im not even sure how to set it up to "pounce".. is it in the corel draw software or the XP printer set up window or directly a set up cmand from the cutter?

njsigns

Are you cutting directly from Corel? What options do you have in the "printer dialog" that comes up when you select print? There are too many variables to consider without more information/screen shots of what you are doing.

Gene

TC49010

Yep cutting directly from corel, the only setting I can see if the print screen that may have a impact on the cutting would be the "tool". Not sure if it is supposed to be tool1,2,3,or 4 or machine setting.

I tried machine setting and that didnt change anything.

Still printing in short dashes instead of the nice long continues cuts.

Its not pouncing like it first did so maybe I am getting closer?

OldPaint

no pounce setting on a ROLAND. the xp driver you have is it D2729OJ.EXE.
this is the right XP DRIVER....and does youre XP SP2 INSTALLED....if so you might need to downgrade XP TO SP1.

njsigns

Sorry OP, I admit I was just stabbing in the dark there. With all the combinations of cutters/software it's hard to say what anybody could possibly / inadvertently change in their settings to get undesired results.

I looked over some of your older posts and checked out Roland's website for some possible issues. Are you still cutting thermoflex with this cutter? Are you using enough downforce? According to Roland's website, "when cutting Thermoflex, you should be using a 60 degree blade and about 120-200 grams force". Have you changed the blade recently? How about the cutter protection strip? Did you just install the driver and immediately end up with this problem? I also read that "it could be that the carriage may need adjustment".

I make no claims to be a Roland expert, but I have been using their machines exclusively since I started out. If I ran into this problem I would check out some of the things I mentioned. If it just happened immediately after installing the driver, OP is probably right.

Gene

TC49010

Hello Gene & OP!
Thanks for all the input!
Gene,
Generally I use this machine exclusivly on win 98 and have for a few yrs now, and I would like to upgrade it to run on Xp if I can figure out the tiny quirks!! LOL! Yep still runnning thermoflex and have all that down pat, just not running the cutter off Xp from corel draw.. it still baffles me! Hopefully I can figure it out and will find it as easy as running it off win 98!
OP I'll double check which driver I installed and I am running Xp on SP1, I know SP2 can cause havic with Corel so I dont run it on this pc.

Thanks again guys!!

njsigns

Did you figure out how to solve your problem? What version of Corel are you currently using? Do you have another new computer with XP on it, in addition to one with 98? Or did you upgrade from 98 to XP on the same machine?

There are some useful resources on Roland's website, but they can be difficult to find because they keep changing their pages.

This pdf file may help:

Subject: Cutter Setup for CorelDraw 10, 11, 12 & X3

Here is a group of files for the CX machines:

CX Files

If I were to upgrade to XP from 98 again (and it did take me years only I was using Windows 2000 Professional) I would do a clean install of everything - like it all just got there and came out of new boxes. It will take some getting used to, but am I glad I did it.

Hope you get it all worked out!

Gene