• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland dampers

signrios

im thinking on doing some maintenance on my roland vp,
so first im gonna replace the dampers
is there a manual for doing this?

rjssigns

Just take it apart slowly and replace one at a time. Be very careful when removing and replacing the dampers. The manifold on the print head can break easily. Actually a simple job. Just frustrating getting all the screws and fasteners out so you can work.
Once dampers are replaced you will have to pull ink through the captops with a syringe. This will prime the new dampers. I usually run a Fill Test right away too.

Vandal Guard USA

Make sure you are regularly changing captops and wipers... Also, if you've had your printer more than 2 years have your dealer run a pec-report on your machine (they will send you a link by e-mail and then just e-mail the report back to them). This report will let them know of any issues you may not be aware so you can be proactive in addressing any problems and it will let you know the shot count of the print heads, the scan motor hours, etc.