• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland dga inside factory video. (interesting)

CustomRide

This is a video of the inside of a roland factory in Japan and talks about how well it treats its workers....It made me kinda laugh in a few parts when they talk about how poor output was a couple years ago...

I always wondered if roland used chinese style slave labor.... but I guess they use japanese girls off the street then dress them up in medical scrubs....:rock-n-roll:

Here you go...:toasting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SQNCihAsZ8&feature=related

Mainframe

My tech was trying to tell me about this when he set my VP540 up, I kind of half understood him , glad I saw this I now have more respect than ever for the product, good post

trakers

Thanks, interesting, although I always want to think my machine was built in a clean room by million dollar robots.

In a previous careeer I setup automated lines such as they show in the video.

The ladies on our lines were, shall we say, not as attractive as those Roland assemblers though. Virtually all those Roland girls are attractive.

The video tells of bad work instructions causing a majority of the quality issues and I can agree with that 100%.

In the facility I worked at the Manufacturing Engineers responsible for writing the instructions pretty much had never even saw the product before and we all know most Design Engineers can’t be bothered with such trivial work.

Once I had the Design Engineer drug (kicking and screaming all the way) to the floor to assist the ME and line worker with writing the work instructions it was like night and day. Productivity increased and defects plummeted.

anotherdog

its strange how all these examples of the "future" come from places like Japan, Korea, Europe etc. I wish North America would listen and learn instead of being convinced it does best.
We need to change.

Hale

Manufacturing History

There is a great writeup on the history of manufacturing at http://www.strategosinc.com/just_in_time.htm. In the early 1970s about 80% of the machine tools used in the world came from US. In 1985, about 11%. Now we have accountants and finance guys running manufacturing in the USA and payback justifications for new equipment went from 10 years to 18 months or less. So, USA does not invest in new equipment, once reason US manufacturing continues to go overseas.

I gotta get a job in fast food....

Hale
Hogwild Imprints, Inc.
Get Crazy... Go HOGWILD