• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland DGA is a huge disapointment with tech support.

Designersigns

I have a Roland sp540i that has had a dropout problem for about a year now. I have had my tech here twice to fix it and have had numerous conversations with Roland tech support. They can't find the problem. I spoke with the west coast field Engineer from Roland at the Sign Show. He offered to pay my tech travel time if we would pay for parts and labor, he said he would load him up with everything he needs to fix it and we could get this behind us. When my technician came he replaced the mother board and power supply and had nothing else for it. It didn't work. He billed us and left, we still had a broken printer. The Roland field engineer had it shipped to Roland in Irvine. They couldn't duplicate the problem and sent it back. It still had the problem when we got it back from them. They said it had to be environmental so we had the electrical checked and put a line conditioner on the machine. It still had the problem so we sent it to our dealer to rule out the environmental theory and they were able to duplicate the problem. Roland will not support them at this point. They say they have nothing for them to fix it and we just have to upgrade to a new machine. This machine started having this problem a little over a year after we bought it. I have a small shop and can't really afford to plop down another thousands of dollars for a new machine. I bought a Roland in the first place because of their reputation but my experience with their tech support has been awful. There is also never a sense of urgency with them. It has taken us months for them to come to the conclusion that they can't help us.