• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland eco-sol max vs third party inks?

ironchef

How many of you guys use roland ink, or other inks? Any big differences? Besides a bulk ink setup.

CS-SignSupply-TT

Roland OEM vs. 3rd party plug-n-play

How many of you guys use roland ink, or other inks? Any big differences? Besides a bulk ink setup.

It depends on the volume of printing you are doing. Are you printing 8 hours per day five days a week -or- five hours per week?

rjssigns

We guaranteed our Eco solvent ink on Roland or your money back. Savings are up to 70%.
http://Www.yessolvent.com
Do you guarantee the heads also. Or cover the new equipment warranty once it has been voided by using non-OEM ink?

Ink is a cheap thing to replace. Heads are not.

I used to run a 3rd party ink. I used way more of it than OEM. I know this because I religiously weighed the cartridges before and after every print. This was compared against OEM using the same scale under the same circumstances. There was also less overspray with OEM requiring less maintenance.

You must weigh all the variables and not look at the lure of the cheap price.

The bitterness of cheap quality lingers far longer than the sweetness of perceived savings.

J

john1

Only OEM inks here. I don't print enough to justify getting bulk ink and chancing my heads.

ironchef

Ya, i agree, im not trying to go the cheap route, i rather habe my bumper to bumper warranty from the dealer then get that voided..my other sign supplier is trying to push a third party ink, thats why i asked. Ill stick to roland ecosolmax inks....i was just wondering the difference in color gamut, scratch resistance, and if any head problems will arrive later on.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I have Fuji Sericol inks in my XC540....they work great. Fuji tech provided me with profiles....colors look great. Not anymore ink used vs OEM. Had 2 issues with ink...one Lt Magenta...one in Black. Both times...reimbursed me for a printhead cost. They knew the issue was theirs and backed up what they said they would. I have NO complaints about that. Inks are consistent and printability is fine.

Dave L.

There are plenty of pro's and con's to the third party ink question. If your ink savings per month will exceed paying for a tech visit and parts, then it absolutely makes sense.

If you are in a position where your business is 100% reliant on that printer working up to par with no down time, i would say better safe than sorry and stick with OEM. That ink mist covers a lot of surfaces on the inside of the machine and can casue elusive electrical problems that can be costly. Stick with OEM if you are not going through a set of 440's a week.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
There are plenty of pro's and con's to the third party ink question. If your ink savings per month will exceed paying for a tech visit and parts, then it absolutely makes sense.

If you are in a position where your business is 100% reliant on that printer working up to par with no down time, i would say better safe than sorry and stick with OEM. That ink mist covers a lot of surfaces on the inside of the machine and can casue elusive electrical problems that can be costly. Stick with OEM if you are not going through a set of 440's a week.

+1