Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland ESM-GCVP Problem

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by antant77, Jan 13, 2014.

1. antant77

antant77 New Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I have a BN-20 and I used the ESM-GCVP to do small decals for vehical windows and came out good. I recently did a decal for the back window of a truck (solid one piece window) 16"h x 58"w. I used the hinge method to apply and I used "clear choice AT-60n" transfer tape. After peeling the transfer tape away I noticed a lot of scattered small air bubbles. A few days later the customer contacted me and showed me pictures that some of the edges were also peeling up.

I know there are many variables when trying to figure out the problem to something like this but has anyone had any issues with the
    ESM-GCVP? Should I have applied this using the wet method? Im about to try other brands like Oracle/Avery, which brand and product number is the best?

Also, the entire decal was printed.

Thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

What tool did you apply it with? What cleaners were used?

I have eave seen many issues using plastic squeegees that had imperfect edges such as a cut or gouge.

3. antant77

antant77 New Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    i used a window cleaner with some alcohol in it to clean the window, the squeegee was brand new, can you wet apply this vinyl?

4. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    I would avoid GCVP for a large decal like that and go to an air release cast media instead.