• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland ESM-GCVP Problem

antant77

I have a BN-20 and I used the ESM-GCVP to do small decals for vehical windows and came out good. I recently did a decal for the back window of a truck (solid one piece window) 16"h x 58"w. I used the hinge method to apply and I used "clear choice AT-60n" transfer tape. After peeling the transfer tape away I noticed a lot of scattered small air bubbles. A few days later the customer contacted me and showed me pictures that some of the edges were also peeling up.

I know there are many variables when trying to figure out the problem to something like this but has anyone had any issues with the
ESM-GCVP? Should I have applied this using the wet method? Im about to try other brands like Oracle/Avery, which brand and product number is the best?

Also, the entire decal was printed.

Thanks in advance!

CS-SignSupply

What tool did you apply it with? What cleaners were used?

I have eave seen many issues using plastic squeegees that had imperfect edges such as a cut or gouge.

antant77

What tool did you apply it with? What cleaners were used?

I have eave seen many issues using plastic squeegees that had imperfect edges such as a cut or gouge.

i used a window cleaner with some alcohol in it to clean the window, the squeegee was brand new, can you wet apply this vinyl?