• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Ext Warranty

jmgrafix

just curious has anyone purchased a ext warranty for the sp300v and is it worth it, also wonder what cost would be?

threeputt

The cost on the extended warranty for the SP-540v is $2000.00 per year. Don't know about the 300 but it's probably similar.

GregT

The cost for the SP-300V was $999. The service techs have come out and cleaned and replaced minor parts when they were here. Nothing major at this point. knock on wood.

threeputt

My reasons for not buying extended warranty...

No, we haven't used it because we elected not to purchase it. So I guess we're running "bare". My reasoning was this, and it may be all wet, but here goes:

1) Roland is not a newcomer in this market.

2) They are aggresively advertising to market their products. That shows me they are really exposing themselves to many, many sign people.

3) They are a long term player, and the SP-540V is not a new machine (hasn't been discontinued or re-called) so it's probably been built to high standards and the company believes in it.

4) The machine will need capping stations, pumps, and assorted replacement parts. But that stuff costs less than $2000.00 per year.

5) Peace of mind costs money, but usually it's a profit center for this type of deal.

Goofball

Just purchased for the SP300V for $950. I look at like insurance. The average service call I was told is about $800. 1 head crash and you've made money. Just my 2 cents worth.

Bob