• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland extended warranty

pixel_pusher

The guys who sold us our Roland VP-540 just informed us that our factory warranty expires in a bit, and gave three options for a year of extended coverage

$995: Silver Plan covers parts, labor & travel
$1,595: Gold Plan covers Silver + 2 preventative maintenance visits
$2,195: Platinum Plan covers Silver + & 3 preventative maintenance visits

Are any of you guys buying extended warranties. We've never had to get the thing services, nor replace anything other than blades. Does that mean it's just a matter of time before it falls apart, or is this thing such a total work horse that we shouldn't bother with additional coverage?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We didn't have a single problem with ours for 3-1/2 years. Not one. Then we did all of the maintenance ourselves and saved a ton of money by using free support over the phone. Recently, we spent about $700 which we had the tech out to do for us. He replaced something which needed the whole machine taken apart. It took a while, but we were back up and running in a short amount of time. While we were down, they ran all of our prints on their machines for free.... including the cost of the media. It must have cost them an additional few hundred dollars those few days for our prints alone. I felt good in all respects of well spent money and money saved over the big picture.

So, is it a good thing or not ?? How lucky do you feel or what is your level of knowledge of working on your own machine ??

For $2,200.... you'd have a new one partially paid off....... LOL

CustomRide

The guys who sold us our Roland VP-540 just informed us that our factory warranty expires in a bit, and gave three options for a year of extended coverage

$995: Silver Plan covers parts, labor & travel
$1,595: Gold Plan covers Silver + 2 preventative maintenance visits
$2,195: Platinum Plan covers Silver + & 3 preventative maintenance visits

Are any of you guys buying extended warranties. We've never had to get the thing services, nor replace anything other than blades. Does that mean it's just a matter of time before it falls apart, or is this thing such a total work horse that we shouldn't bother with additional coverage?

I was told the warranties are $1295 not $995 starting out....unless they are different for different models...

Wait till it storms and blows a board out even with a surge protector....or head crashes while printing at night not damaging the heads but drying them up....its like insurance for anything else do you feel lucky? well do yah?

Different models have different prices...SP being $995 and up, VP,XC, etc...$1,295 and up. The Gold plan is popular as it provides the dealer 2 visits at no charge to work on the printer...good deal if you are many miles from your dealer and pay mileage, labor, and parts.