• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland FJ-50 Pump Motor

CropMarks

Anyone know where I can get a FJ-50 Pump Motor? Not a scan motor or the pump itself... but the actual pump motor. Thanks! Mike.

maynemag

I needed one of those a few months ago, I don't know the part number off hand but it had to come directly from Roland in Japan. No one has them in stock if you have a Nazdar in your area give them a call they can order it for you, it was about $100.

CropMarks

Well... I talked to my brother who is an engineer (he got the brains in the family) and this is what he emailed back to me....

"That is a stepper motor. They come in standard NEMA sizes (usually 2 digits to represent the size eg. 17, or 23). They come if a few different types, but all are brushless. Basically the ones I use on my cnc mill are what they call bipolar stepper motors. Mine basically have two coils inside, or what would equate to two seperate coils. When one coil is energized, the shaft will rotate an exact amount of degrees like 1.8. Then you energize the next coil and it steps again. So alternating the coils on and off cause it to spin. No parts to wear out, unless one of the coils has gone dead. Although they can look the same, the coil resistance on different motors can be different. I don't know what drivers they are using to power the steppers, but mine can be adjusted to handle many different types and sizes of motors, but I doubt that you would be that lucky with that machine, so I would suggest you get an exact replacement."

So... I guess we have to get one from Japan. Thanks for the replies!

and hello sfr table hockey! Dave from solventprinterconversion.com is working on a fj50 he has for me and the pump motor died.... so I just thought I would do some fun checking.... something to just pass the time.