Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland fj-52 inkline problem

Discussion in 'Roland' started by anozira02, Feb 26, 2010.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I just bought this unit and ready to refurbish it with all new parts, but noticed one of the ink-line has ink gaps in it. Wondering what would be the best way to pull some ink through. I was thinking unhooking the line which goes to the damper.....not sure if that would be the best way of doing it....any ideas anyone?

2. rolandtech

rolandtech New Member

Feb 27, 2010
    yep

unhook the line from the dampner and use a syringe to pull the ink thats the best way.

3. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    First one thing I wonder about. Does it matter if there is an air bubble in the main line? As it draws into the dampers there is air in the top half of them anyway. Does the air bubble stop the ink flow? I can't see how it would but if the air bubble is caused by a crack then that might hinder the ink flow.

Now in the past when I took the line off the damper you can get a syring and a tube (fits perfect over the main line) and you can draw the ink easily. The problem is soon as you take the syringe off the line and try to connect the damper the ink runs back to the cart faster than you can connect to the damper. Since then I try to draw from the base of the damper. Its a bit hard to get a good seal but once you do the ink draws and won't back flow. Some syringes will fit into the oring and give a better seal.

4. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Thanks a lot guys......I do have a syringe with the tube, haven't used it yet, so this time would be as good as any!