• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland fj-52 inkline problem

anozira02

I just bought this unit and ready to refurbish it with all new parts, but noticed one of the ink-line has ink gaps in it. Wondering what would be the best way to pull some ink through. I was thinking unhooking the line which goes to the damper.....not sure if that would be the best way of doing it....any ideas anyone?

sfr table hockey

I just bought this unit and ready to refurbish it with all new parts, but noticed one of the ink-line has ink gaps in it. Wondering what would be the best way to pull some ink through. I was thinking unhooking the line which goes to the damper.....not sure if that would be the best way of doing it....any ideas anyone?

First one thing I wonder about. Does it matter if there is an air bubble in the main line? As it draws into the dampers there is air in the top half of them anyway. Does the air bubble stop the ink flow? I can't see how it would but if the air bubble is caused by a crack then that might hinder the ink flow.

Now in the past when I took the line off the damper you can get a syring and a tube (fits perfect over the main line) and you can draw the ink easily. The problem is soon as you take the syringe off the line and try to connect the damper the ink runs back to the cart faster than you can connect to the damper. Since then I try to draw from the base of the damper. Its a bit hard to get a good seal but once you do the ink draws and won't back flow. Some syringes will fit into the oring and give a better seal.

anozira02

Thanks a lot guys......I do have a syringe with the tube, haven't used it yet, so this time would be as good as any!