Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland Fj-52 print set up problem...

Discussion in 'Roland' started by anozira02, Apr 15, 2010.

1. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    Anyone have any experience with Wondow's7 hooking up the printer cord to a USB port. My computer has no parallel or serial ports in the back like my old XP had. I bought a USB printer conversion cable fits on the end of the printer cord coming from my Roland Fj-52. I am using Flexi 7.6 and it does show up in the Production Manager, but with the wrong port, shouldn't it be a USB port to look for? I am lost on this one!

Tags:
  2. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

3. anozira02

anozira02 Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Prescott, arizona
    I don't think that would solve my problem...I do have a network server already! My problem is to having my Fj-52 communicating with my computer having Wondow's7. On this computer I no longer have either serial or parallel ports and the USB port doesn't seems to work....I may need to upgrade my Flexi for a newer driver...I lam lost!

4. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

this is the solution to your problem....

the print server plugs into the back of the FJ-52, then you just cat-5 to your router.

i have three hooked up like this...

Photo0158.jpg