• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland fj-52 Serive mode ?

anozira02

Just replaced both print heads on my Roland F-j 52.....trying to perform head rank settings buy going into the service mode, here is the problem... It keep saying the "the service mode is protected" when pressing the keys.. Is there a way to get around this?

sfr table hockey

Just replaced both print heads on my Roland F-j 52.....trying to perform head rank settings buy going into the service mode, here is the problem... It keep saying the "the service mode is protected" when pressing the keys.. Is there a way to get around this?

While the main power is on but the front pannel power is off do the following:
easy way to remember is a "s" and "v" shape with the arrow keys.
up,left,right,down then left, down, right after these hold down the left,down,right all together then hit the power on. Once you hit the menu button, use the arrow key right, to move to the service menu.

Some times it does take a few tries to get it right.

anozira02

I did just like it says in the service manual with pushing the left, down, right arrows all at once together with the sub power switch on... after all that it still tells me "service mode is protected"

sfr table hockey

I did just like it says in the service manual with pushing the left, down, right arrows all at once together with the sub power switch on... after all that it still tells me "service mode is protected"

They don't tell you about the key sequence before that step. Do as I said in the above post with the "s" and "v" shape first. Then do the final step as in the manual.

tiredcreations

hockey table is right. If you are getting the "service mode protected", that means your hitting < ^ > & sub power correctly, you just have to do "rolands secret" sequence first.

It takes practice, keep trying, it took me forever.

Neil

I seem to remember they locked us out of service mode with a firmware upgrade. I ended up downgrading my firmware.
Must need to backdoor it by using SFR's secret combo.