• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland FJ Head Dropout

printing238

the head cable came lose and on the Roland FJ52, now when printing the left head on all 3 nozzles drop out at the same time after 50mm printing, i put a new head in so its not a damaged head.
i was thinking it was the head board.
anyone had this problem or know how to fix it.

artbot

there's a protocol for that... i'm guessing here. so i'd confirm this (DOUBLE CHECK!). but i think you are supposed to unplug all your data cables (don't let them touch) and turn on your machine??? thusly if your machine boots up but gives you a head error, you know that the board is good. but no boot, dead board. i recently fried my fj50 with a drip of ink on the data cable. sad. that printer was my first and very very dependable. no maintenance (just heads) for over a decade. the toyota of printers.

CS-SignSupply

If the color is dropping out while printing, you are more than likely getting air into the system.

Is your Test Print (Nozzle Check) ok? Post a pic if you can.

If your test print is Good, and you still have drop out while printing, it is more than likely damper or cap station. If you are not careful, you can crack the tips of the printhead manifold that the damper slides over.

Sorry to be vague.

printing238

Its not air getting into the system, it only happens on the left head and all 6 colours do the same when on that side.
The Test Print is perfect.
Change all the dampers, cap station, the pump o rings and lines.
Ive been using it to print orange and the black will work for about 200mm the drop out every time it cleans.

tbaker

what does the test print look like after the drop out?

Additionally is it a gradual drop out or significant like all at once?

inkmed

Its not air getting into the system, it only happens on the left head and all 6 colours do the same when on that side.
The Test Print is perfect.
Change all the dampers, cap station, the pump o rings and lines.
Ive been using it to print orange and the black will work for about 200mm the drop out every time it cleans.

I still think it is the damper have somethings wrong.
If only one printer head drop out, just change the damper to another printer damper, which work well. It will test if this damper not work.

Adam from Inkmed

printing238

fixed it, wiped the head board, unplug all the plugs and put them back in and it works fine now.
the printer has done 15,000hrs and still working fine