• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GS-24 misses first cut on every start of cut job

SaberSigns

Hey guys & girls,
Ive been running Roland cutters for 30 years and have always been reliable, my issue is my machine, on every job will miss the information for the first 10-20mm approx of the first cut path. Doesn't matter what job we send it always misses the first bit of a stroke on the first cut, from there on in it cuts fine?? We are finding we have to cut a spare letter for the for first cut on every job. I can remember someone else on here having the same problem but I didn't get to see if they overcame the problem. Cable to plotter is 8 foot long. No static issues (that i'm aware of) and cuts everything else absolutely fine.

I have the same problem with my colleague, he starts speaking before hes brain engages. Sorry I know that's not helpful (nor is my colleague). Ok I'll stop.

Try a different computer, try a different USB port, a different USB cable.

Vassago

Hmm.. Tbh it's most lightly how the usb port is set up - might need either 7 or 8 bit data and handshaking. You have to check what the gs24 needs serial wise - then configure the port to suit.

Looks like most of it is working, but it's not thinking data is being sent until the first CR point in the hpgl file