Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roland gx 24 cutting problem

Discussion in 'Roland' started by shuv76, Jan 5, 2013.

1. shuv76

shuv76 Member

Jan 2, 2008
    VA.
    Hello,, I am having some difficulty with my gx 24 roland. I use to have the cutting force at 120 and sometimes 130 but now I have been having to go as high as 160.on the force. Now I changed the blade and it is still the same thing. Also when it cuts the circle and the square on the test,,it is a little ruff in the corners of the square when weeding it out. The vinyl is the same as I always use. My Machine is about 5 years old but has not been used a great deal.
    Any ideas? Thanks You ,,,Paul

Tags:
  2. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

at 120-160, youre way to high for a new blade. new blade i start at 60-70, test cut from there till i get a complete and clean cut. sometimes to much force is as bad as not enough.
    next feel the cutting stripe. if its cut up then you dont have a flat surface against the backing paper.

3. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Since the OP is talking about vinyl, I would agree with you, however, 120 or a little more isn't too much for a new blade depending on what you are cutting. When I cut twill for applique work, even on a new blade I'm at 120-130.

That would be my first guess right there.