• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland gx 24 cutting problem

shuv76

Hello,, I am having some difficulty with my gx 24 roland. I use to have the cutting force at 120 and sometimes 130 but now I have been having to go as high as 160.on the force. Now I changed the blade and it is still the same thing. Also when it cuts the circle and the square on the test,,it is a little ruff in the corners of the square when weeding it out. The vinyl is the same as I always use. My Machine is about 5 years old but has not been used a great deal.
Any ideas? Thanks You ,,,Paul

OldPaint

at 120-160, youre way to high for a new blade. new blade i start at 60-70, test cut from there till i get a complete and clean cut. sometimes to much force is as bad as not enough.
next feel the cutting stripe. if its cut up then you dont have a flat surface against the backing paper.

WildWestDesigns

at 120-160, youre way to high for a new blade. new blade i start at 60-70, test cut from there till i get a complete and clean cut.

Since the OP is talking about vinyl, I would agree with you, however, 120 or a little more isn't too much for a new blade depending on what you are cutting. When I cut twill for applique work, even on a new blade I'm at 120-130.

next feel the cutting stripe. if its cut up then you dont have a flat surface against the backing paper.

That would be my first guess right there.