Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roland GX-24 needs repairs

Discussion in 'Roland' started by cinfinch, Nov 4, 2014.

1. cinfinch

cinfinch New Member

Nov 4, 2014
    I need a repair person in the Houston Tx area. I am having issues adjusting my force deep enough to cut flock. Please help

2. S'N'S

S'N'S Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
    Try adjusting the blade depth first.
    Remove the blade holder (with blade in it) and draw a circle with it on some scrap material, when you got it weeding cleanly without cutting the backing, replace it in the machine and adjust the pressure accordingly. I trust that the blade is ok, I use a jewelers eye glass to check the tips of my blades, easier to see if they are blunt or tip broken.

3. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    blade

are you using a 60 degree blade?

4. LFC911

LFC911 Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Shawnee, KS
  5. S'N'S

S'N'S Active Member

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
    From that link....exactly what I said....[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Once the blade is loaded, the next step is to adjust the down force on the cutter. The amount of down force required will range between 170 and 200 grams of force, depending on the amount of blade left extended. You should try to expose just enough of the blade to cut through the Sticky Flock layer. The last step is to do a test cut starting at 170 grams of down force and adjust it up from there if needed.[/FONT][/FONT]