• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland GX-24 needs repairs

cinfinch

I need a repair person in the Houston Tx area. I am having issues adjusting my force deep enough to cut flock. Please help

S'N'S

Try adjusting the blade depth first.
Remove the blade holder (with blade in it) and draw a circle with it on some scrap material, when you got it weeding cleanly without cutting the backing, replace it in the machine and adjust the pressure accordingly. I trust that the blade is ok, I use a jewelers eye glass to check the tips of my blades, easier to see if they are blunt or tip broken.

S'N'S

Graphic Solutions Group should be able to help with service also found this about Flock http://support.rolanddga.com/_layouts/RolandDGA/kbarticle.aspx?ArticleId=537&pm=GX-24

From that link....exactly what I said....[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Once the blade is loaded, the next step is to adjust the down force on the cutter. The amount of down force required will range between 170 and 200 grams of force, depending on the amount of blade left extended. You should try to expose just enough of the blade to cut through the Sticky Flock layer. The last step is to do a test cut starting at 170 grams of down force and adjust it up from there if needed.[/FONT][/FONT]