• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GX-300 suddenly not working

bayviewsignworks

I was using Flexisign (12) and the PC screen shimmered. The next thing I knew it would not connect to the Roland GX-300 (USB and serial) cutter. Works on an older version of Mac I still have (thank goodness) but I tried downloading the GX-300 x86 driver and even had an IT guy take a stab at it but I can't get it to send. I was using what appears to be a bad USB extension cable as I found through process of elimination but have since thrown that away. Help?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Have to tried restarting the cutter and computer? I know with my old SP-300V's, sometimes it loses connection and I want to restart both the versaworks program and the machine, but always the machine on first. Sorry if you've already tried this option.

bayviewsignworks

Many restarts, updates, even upgraded to FlexiCloud as we've been putting it off. Roland page says it's an issue and to revert to Windows X.. but I don't have a spare computer to do that. I am using an older Mac which we're getting work done at least.

kheebl

have you tried updating the firmware on your plotter. I had a kind of a similar problem with my gx-500 and I had to update the firmware. I have the file from roland somewhere I can look for it if you want to give it a try.

netsol

first, unplug at end of usb extension
plug a flash drive in,, see if "hardware detected"
this is a simple troubleshooting
if no reaction with flash drive, move the other end of the cable to a different usb port, if that works, plug the serial adapter back in
look in device manager and see what new com port is showing

you will have to go to com port properties in device manager and match the settings to the same as the previous port
you have to do this because the com port is still a dumb device