• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland GX 400 crop mark question

kevint2005

Hey guys,
I just bought a Roland GX400 last week and i've gotten it to work and everything but from what i've read online, it's supposed to read all 4 crop marks when contour cutting, but mine is only reading 3 and then cutting. Is this normal? I'm using it with Flexi 8.1 software. It's cut pretty accurately so far, just a few eighths of an inch off, but i'm thinking if it would've read all 4 marks it may be cutting perfectly. If anyone has any input or suggestions please let me know!

Tim Kingston

We have Flexi and although I can cut right out of Flexi I prefer using Versaworks. We have the GX-640 and I find it very accurate. I wonder if somehow Flexi is seeing your cutter as an older model (driver issue?). If you don't have Versaworks you could try Cutstudio which should have come with your cutter? I looked at it, but since I use Flexi etc. I didn't see a need. However in your case it might help determine if you are losing any accuracy without the 4 dots. Just a thought.

kevint2005

Thanks for the responses, and yes i'm cutting straight out of Flexi. It is a pretty old version so that may be why it's only reading 3 out of 4 dots. I do not have Versaworks but do have the cut studio software, just need to take the time to figure it out. Flexi is decently accurate on small area contour cuts but anything over 36" it tends to be just a little bit off. Thank you for the help

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
It's cut pretty accurately so far, just a few eighths of an inch off

A FEW EIGHTHS? You do know even a COUPLE EIGHTHS is a 1/4"....a few (3 would 3/8")....I'd say that is WAAY off. Something is not right there. My threshold of being 'off' is probably less than a 1/32".