Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland GX-500 won't communicate with Flexi

Discussion in 'Roland' started by OPTIMA GRAPHICS, Jul 26, 2011.

1. OPTIMA GRAPHICS

OPTIMA GRAPHICS New Member

Dec 20, 2010
    I am having an issue with my plotter.
    Yesterday, a fellow employee used the Cut/Plot option in flexi to plot out a menu board. Normally, all of our cutting is done through the Rip/Print option and selecting Contour job only.

Later in the day, when we returned to cut another job, the plotter would not communicate with Flexi through the Rip/Print option. The job does not go into production manager or even display any error messages.

I can run a test cut, and I can still use the cut/plot option, but that does not help me seeing as I need the plotter to read the registration marks.

Does anyone know what is causing my cutter to not communicate?

I have uninstalled and re-installed the driver, restarted both the computer and flexi multiple times with no results.

2. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Use the Preferences Manager to set the prefs back to Default.

Then reboot, restart Flexi only. Create a test print/cut job and click RIP/PRINT icon.

Should prompt you to setup the devices and move forward