• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland gx24 problems

Ange65

Hi Guys, I have a roland gx24 plotter it's about 15+ years old. Recently I noticed that the lettering wasn't as sharp as it used to be. The lettering seems to have bumps on the edge instead of being smooth. Seems to be getting worse. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

S'N'S

Some things to try:
1 a new blade and adjust properly.
2 take the blade holder out and screw it apart, sometimes little bits of vinyl go up into where the blade is and under the cap.
3 while apart, lube the bearing in the blade holder
4 if you get little nicks/uncut bits at the start of a cut on round letters like "o's" it's usually blade offset is wrong.
5 replace cutting strip.

IsItFasst

How much is this used? You've got pretty good life out of it if it's used a lot. We cut quite a bit and normally just upgrade to a new machine every 5 years or so and keep the old one for backup in case of an emergency. How large are the letters that are giving you issues? I think SNS has you covered on what to look for. If having issues with larger cuts replace the rollers too.

ams

Only two issues.

#1. knife is dull
#2. Blade holder needs to be replaced.

Both fixed my issues over the years.